PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  PureConnect with PureCloud WEBRTC & Citrix

GENESYS
    Posted 05-22-2019 22:13
    Edited by Colin Steeples 05-22-2019 22:27
    Hi I would be interested to know if there are any out there in the Community running Interaction Connect for remote users and the Interaction Connect PureCloud WEBRTC integration? The added complication is that the remote users will be running Citrix Desktop. Now I know that running WEBRTC in Citrix VDI is not supported. However what I would like to know is if you run Interaction Connect outside the Citrix session, is this working anywhere and what were the technical challenges?
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Colin Steeples
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: PureConnect with PureCloud WEBRTC & Citrix

Posted 05-23-2019 15:02
    Hello Collin
    My Current System is Pureconnect 2018 R4 + Webrtc. 95% of my users work from home and bring their own device and VPN in.

The Major challenge we have is Loss of Audio in the beginning or Middle of the call. The call will stay connected but the recording will show that one of the parties can not hear the other. This is happening across the board. So we have moved many of our agents to SIP. I am working on capturing dropped calls using Chrome://webrtc-internals. unfortunately it can not be reproduce. Customer care has hinted that this may be a network/internet related issue from the Users station to the Edge devices but have not produced a cut and dry diagnosis. 

We also have another issue where the Client access license is not being released on time necessitating a manual Switchover to reset the licence count. I have no Proof that this is a webrtc issue.

Amadou Ba
    VortalSoft Inc.

• 3.  RE: PureConnect with PureCloud WEBRTC & Citrix

GENESYS
    Posted 05-26-2019 16:43
    Amadou,
    I take it that you are running webrtc in the Citrix session, did you try running it on the user desktop browser (outside of Citrix)?

Colin Steeples
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: PureConnect with PureCloud WEBRTC & Citrix

Posted 05-28-2019 09:41
    Colin,
    There is no Citrix involved. WebRTC runs on the user desktop browser.

Amadou Ba
    VortalSoft Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources