PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Upgrades and Database Scripts

Posted 05-09-2018 11:04
    Is it necessary to run the Database Script during an upgrade or is these scripts only used for the installation of a new install to build the database?

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Upgrades and Database Scripts

Posted 05-09-2018 11:08
    Scott,

The DB scripts are posted by Genesys primarily for DBA analysis as to the changes necessary during the update.  If all goes well (ICADMIN has SA rights or you have a DBA to enter credentials during the upgrade), the scripts do NOT need to be run manually, as they are part of the MSI/MSP of the update process.

Thanks,

Blayne Mathieu
    Technical Account Manager
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: Upgrades and Database Scripts

Posted 05-09-2018 11:41
    Thank you Blayne!

I have only been though one upgrade and wasn't told to do anything with scripts. I am in the process of planning for a patch upgrade and saw it on the download page and was curious about it.

Thank you!
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 4.  RE: Upgrades and Database Scripts

Posted 12-10-2018 02:53

Hi Blayne,

I just update a CIC 2017 R4 Patch 4 to CIC 2018 R5 Patch 2. The update procedure doesn't ask to enter a credentials for the DB. For info, I don't run the DB Script R5 manually.

During the first installation of the product, the DB manager needed to provide the SA password and the setup create the DB.

I asked the DB Manager to define the following user access like in the doc :

IC_User  : DB-Datareader, DB_Datawriter, EIC_Read
    IC_Admin  : DB_Owner
    IC_Readonly :  DB_Datareader,  EIC_Read

My questions :
    - how to check if the DB script have been activated or not ? what/where is the install or update log file containing the DB script ?
    - or maybe if the customer give the right access to the user (listed before), the install process can do that automatically

Regards

Gérald Rossier

• 5.  RE: Upgrades and Database Scripts

Posted 12-10-2018 10:08
    - how to check if the DB script have been activated or not ? what/where is the install or update log file containing the DB script ?
    • There is a table in the i3_IC database named ININ_APP_VERSION. The table will show you the history of the i3_IC database schema. You should see timestamps of when the different products were run along if it finished or not. The Major_ver_no should be the main 20XX number (for example 2017 would be 17), The Sub_Ver_No column will hold the R release (for example R2 would be 2). The Minor_Ver_No will hold the P release (for example 17 would be 17).

- or maybe if the customer give the right access to the user (listed before), the install process can do that automatically
    • When you run the MSI, or MSP, installation the system will ask you for credentials to run the database update script. If you do not provide the credentials then the database won't be updated. I suspect the system always asks for the credentials as I don't think the MSI can look into directory services to get the cached info out of IC.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources