PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call recording and Custom Attributes

Posted 12-04-2018 12:22
    Edited by Scott Williams 12-04-2018 12:40
    I am having some trouble with getting a Custom Attribute to tag a recording and not sure where my thinking is wrong.

Our IVR is setup to record calls as soon as it comes in and what i am wanting to do now  is depending on the IVR profiles the call goes to i want to tag the recording so we can pull them up later. What i have done is on the profiles we are wanting to tag, using the Set Attribute IVR operator to create an Attribute and set it as Y. I then have an Initiation Policy as well as a retention policy that looks for these attributes with a value of Y and then tag the call. The problem is all my testing these calls are not being tagged, nor am i seeing that Attribute attach to the recording when i look at the Attribute Tab.

is Using the set Attribute the wrong IVR operator to use? Do i need to have this attribute permanently attach to the call, if so how do you accomplish this? We don't need this attribute attached to the interaction details after the call is over, it only needs to be attached to the recording that is being generated.

We are running on 2018 R3 patch 4.

thank you,
    #ArchitectureandDesign
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)
    #SystemAdministration
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Call recording and Custom Attributes

Posted 12-04-2018 12:32
    We have the same problem, cannot get or set the custom attributes for the calls that dials Interaction Dialer. We have the same PureConnect version but with Patch 13. We set the recordings iniciation policies with custom attribute option without a value fot this custom attributes, but it does not work. 
    Tags works with recordings but custom attributes not yet.

Thanks.

William Martín Chávez González
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.

• 3.  RE: Call recording and Custom Attributes

Posted 12-04-2018 12:59
    I appreciate that you have said you do not need the attribute assigned to the call but the solution we implemented was to use the CustomAttributes. As these have now increased from 6 to 9 in the latest versions, we have spare to use.

We did it by:

Assign an alias to the CustomAttribute you want to use
    ReportLogs > Interaction Custom Attributes Log > Mappings Tab : CustomString1=CallAttribute("cat_recording")

Assign a value to the Attribute cat_recording in the Attendant profile

In the Recording Initiation policy set it to "store interaction attribute cat_recording to the recording".

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 4.  RE: Call recording and Custom Attributes

Posted 12-04-2018 13:01
    I meant to say I am using 2018 R2, so should work on your later version as well.

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 5.  RE: Call recording and Custom Attributes

Posted 12-04-2018 13:24
    I looked into doing it that way, but in the database i only show 3 fields customstring1, 2 and 3 and all are currently being utilized. Would more populate if i added them into that log or do i need to create 3, 5 and 5 in the database first?

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams

• 6.  RE: Call recording and Custom Attributes

Posted 12-04-2018 23:03
    Perhaps it needs a support ticket for the database team to amend as there should certainly be more. Back in 2014 (Maybe 4.0?) we had CustomString1 - CustomString 6 and CustomNum1 to CustomNum6. When we upgraded to to 2018 R2, one of our instances stayed the same, needing a ticket to get updated, whilst the other showed 7-9 additional for both fields.

SELECT [InteractionIDKey]
    ,[SiteID]
    ,[SeqNo]
    ,[CustomNum1]
    ,[CustomNum2]
    ,[CustomNum3]
    ,[CustomNum4]
    ,[CustomNum5]
    ,[CustomNum6]
    ,[CustomString1]
    ,[CustomString2]
    ,[CustomString3]
    ,[CustomString4]
    ,[CustomString5]
    ,[CustomString6]
    ,[CustomDateTime]
    ,[CustomDateTimeGMT]
    ,[I3TimeStampGMT]
    ,[CustomNum7]
    ,[CustomNum8]
    ,[CustomNum9]
    ,[CustomString7]
    ,[CustomString8]
    ,[CustomString9]
    FROM [dbo].[InteractionCustomAttributes]

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 7.  RE: Call recording and Custom Attributes

Posted 12-05-2018 10:53
    Phil,

I wasn't looking at the InteractionCustomAttributes table, i was look at calldetail_viw of the call and only saw 3 customstring fields. When i look at the InteractionCustomAttributes table i do see i have 6 fields i can utilize.

Thank you,

Scott Williams

• 8.  RE: Call recording and Custom Attributes

Posted 12-05-2018 09:59
    I think when you set an attribute in attendant it prepends something to the front of the attribute name. Can you debug one of your calls and confirm that the attribute you are setting is name exactly the same as the attribute name you are trying to associate with the call? All you should need to do in the recorder policy to get this to work is add a rule to store interaction attribute to the recording and then it should show in the attributes tab with the recording. I have done this plenty of times before, although I have always set the attribute from a custom handler and not in attendant.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 9.  RE: Call recording and Custom Attributes

Posted 12-05-2018 11:16
    Thank to everybody i was figured out what i was doing wrong.

To start off, i didn't have a Initiation policy to store the Attribute to the recording and without the Attribute being stored to the Recording, the tagging of the recording couldn't take place. When i did finally add an initiation policy to store the attribute, i had accidentally added a restriction that was preventing the policy from running. After correcting those issues,i see the Attribute being attached to the recording and i see the Tag Being applied after the retention Policy runs. 

Mark, you are right, when adding an Attribute in Attendant it creates 2 attributes and attaches it to the object. One is the Custom Attribute you name and the other is a Custom_IntATT_"Your attribute name".  Not sure the logic behind that unless attendant handler looks for those, but both attributes are attached to the call object.

With the help of Community another issue has been resolved.

Thanks everybody!

Scott Williams

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources