PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Change log / audit trail

Posted 01-09-2019 17:38
    Is it planned that the Interaction Administrator change log will provide a useful audit trail?
    Rather than just marking an entity as modified actually provide details of pre-change and post-change entity values?
    #Roadmap/NewFeatures

------------------------------
    Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 2.  RE: Change log / audit trail

Posted 01-10-2019 10:15
    Tarquin,

What version of CIC are you running? 

Starting with CIC 2016 R1 an advanced change log was added to the system, more info can be found here https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_rn/desktop/interaction_administrator_change_log_enhancements.htm

CIC 2017 R2 further enhanced this change logging to log changes made to default user and roles. More info can be found here https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_rn/desktop/interaction_administrator_change_log_enhancements_17r2.htm

You do need to enable the advanced change logging and the system will keep track of previous values as well as what the value was changed to which I believe will give you what you are looking for.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Change log / audit trail

Posted 01-10-2019 17:38
    Mark

Thank you for your response.

We're using 2018R1 and have advanced change logs enabled.

I agree there is info in the database tables and views but not the user accessible reports do not reflect this.

Tarquin Bell
    Precision Administration Services (Pty) Ltd

• 4.  RE: Change log / audit trail

Posted 01-11-2019 09:37
    Tarquin,

I'm not exactly sure how Genesys expects you to access the advanced logging but I suspect you may need to query the values yourself vs running a report. I have not played with the setting yet so I can't be of much help.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources