PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Display City-Name instead of Local Area Code in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-21-2018 04:02
    On CIC Client for some cities instead of the number the name of the city is displayed in call list(e.g. "+4969" ==> "Frankfurt"). Where can I enable/disable this feature in IC Administrator, and where can I manage this list.

Any hints?
    #Omni-ChannelDesktop/UserInterface
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 2.  RE: Display City-Name instead of Local Area Code in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-26-2018 17:48
    Interesting....

I thought this was going to be an easy one, but alas... :-(

It used to be the case that there were two text files in I3/IC/Resources that contained this information. (WhitePages.txt and CountryCodes.txt) but they no longer seem to be there (although there are backups of both files in that location.)

I will have a snoop around and ask my esteemed colleagues to see if I can find where this information is now held.

• 3.  RE: Display City-Name instead of Local Area Code in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-27-2018 09:59
    I think it was somewhere in the 2017 R releases they got rid of the whitepages txt file. There is a server parameter you can use to tell CIC to work the way it use to with the old text files but I don't think that setting is recommended by support. While troubleshooting a similar issue I found that dial plan is somehow consulted for defining phone numbers. If the components section in the dial plan pattern is not defined then the system will always assume the call is an international call and match the first 2 or 3 digits to a country code.

Another issue is if the ANI (or dialed number) is a short code, so something less than 10 or 11 digits, the system always seems to do the country code thing. For example lets say you make a speed dial for a conference service and you make it 4400. When this short code is dialed the system will be "helpful" and show "to: Mexico" since 44 is the country code for Mexico. I have not figured out how to "fix" this display issue and I suspect this is the issue you are running into based on your example.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: Display City-Name instead of Local Area Code in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-28-2018 08:33
    I have run into this issue a couple of times recently with upgrades (going from pre 2017 to 2018Rx).  After cutover, we would get a report that calls appear to be coming from foreign countries (in the client and VM email).  What I found was that the process is using the DialPlan, specifically the Standardized Number, to determine the locality. 
    In the most recent case, I found that someone had made a DialPlan change (presumably long ago) that catches most local and LD numbers.  Whoever made the change left the standardized number as NxxNxxXXXX.  Once I changed this to +1NxxNxxXXXX, the locality lookup started working correctly.
    Not sure how well this will work for short numbers...
    Also note that the system runs a number through the DialPlan twice for outbound calls.  It takes the original Dialed Number, passes it through, then takes the Standardized Number that resulted from the first pass and passes it through the DialPlan again.

Donald Reitz
    Automated Voice & Data Solutions

• 5.  RE: Display City-Name instead of Local Area Code in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-28-2018 11:21
    I agree with David - The standardized number is the key here. It needs to be in <g class="gr_ gr_327 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" id="327" data-gr-id="327">E164</g> format for the Reverse WP to work correctly. IN the past you were able to modify the RWP text files. I am not sure if that is still the case

Kleid Gjataj
    Mindsight

• 6.  RE: Display City-Name instead of Local Area Code in Interaction Desktop

Posted 11-28-2018 13:09
    Most interesting!

I'd still like to find out where the information is actually stored now (must be SOMEWHERE!!!!) since it's inevitable that there will be times that it needs customizing.

It's also interesting that the Dial Plan is involved. When discussing Troubleshooting in the ICCE & ICCS classes, students are advised that the Dial Plan has no effect on inbound calls, so if the issue (whatever it is) affects inbound calling, then it isn't down to the Dial Plan. Looks like that advice needs to be modified!

• 7.  RE: Display City-Name instead of Local Area Code in Interaction Desktop
    Best Answer

Posted 11-29-2018 11:35
    The trick is that dial plan is not being consulted for inbound routing but it is being used for display information. There are server parameters you can enable which should allow you to use the white pages file again but I think you get mixed results. The way I understand it the "list" is hidden somewhere now and you can't touch it anymore.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources