PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  IVR integration

Posted 03-20-2019 10:26
    Hi. Maybe somebody can support me in my problem.
    First of all what I need:
    I need to make a simple IVR script that
    - collects inputted by the customer digits
    - send collected digits to Web Browser Screen Pop with some URL (like site_utl/1-2-3...)
    What I have:
    1. Installed CIC
    2. Installed Interaction Desktop
    3. Installed Interaction Client
    4. The operator can log in to both clients
    What I need:
    1. I need to have the ability to test IVR flow and Screen Pop.
    2. Configure some free number (Twilio or some other) to test it in a real example.
    It would be <g class="gr_ gr_29 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="29" data-gr-id="29">grate</g> to get some tutorial or steps on how to implement it.

Will be appreciative for any information.
    #Integrations
    #SIP/VolP

------------------------------
    Tobias Jaeckel
    Gemshelf Inc

• 2.  RE: IVR integration

Posted 03-20-2019 10:49
    I don't want to come off as rude, but this is the equivalent of posting a question on stack overflow that is just way too open ended to get a quality response.  You're going to get the "Welcome to stack overflow..." experience.

These are some fairly basic (but vague) configuration questions, and Genesys has training for PureConnect administration and IVR configuration that target the general topics you're referencing.  I'd recommend reaching out to your account rep to inquire about this or looking at Genesys University for course schedules and offerings.

I'm sure @Paul Simpson can chime in with better links and specific courses that will be relevant.​

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: IVR integration

Posted 03-20-2019 11:14
    Thanks for the shout-out Aaron :-) IMHO, you are absolutely correct in your assessment of the situation.

Tobias, I would recommend that, as a minimum, you attend "Administering the CIC System", a 3-day class which covers the basics of PureConnect, including setting users, workgroups etc up, and "Configuring Call Flows", a 2-day class which covers Attendant and the creation of IVRs. As Aaron says, your Account Representative should be able to sort you out. Alternatively, head over to  Genesys University to see what's available.

Following on from that, depending on your relationship with Genesys (End Customer or Partner) I would advise considering "Configuration and Support" a 3-day class for Customers which, when taken with the above, leads to the ICCS certification. For Partners, it's "ICCE Bootcamp" which is a 5-day class leading to ICCE certification.

All of these classes are available to take ether in the classroom, or online. (In both cases, with a live instructor and a provided Lab environment.) They are offered pretty much every month. Online in timezones appropriate for NALA, LATM, EMEA and APAC. In the classroom at our various locations worldwide.

I look forward to (maybe) seeing you in class soon!

• 4.  RE: IVR integration

Posted 03-21-2019 08:13
    If you're happy figuring this out on your own, I recommend reading the following two documentation sections that explain how to create a browser screen pop action (with parameters) and then use it in an Attendant call flow to configure a screen pop:

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 5.  RE: IVR integration

Posted 03-21-2019 11:07
    David,

Thanks for the pointers. With respect, however, based on Tobias's original post, I am of the opinion that he really should attend some training, if only to get the basics. As I am sure you are aware, PureConnect works really well when you know what you are doing, but it is not difficult to turn it into a nightmare if you don't. While "figuring it out" may seem to save some time and money in the short term, in the great scheme of things you don't save much and the cost in a badly functioning system can be huge!

Having said that, since I work for Genesys Univerisy, my opinion is somewhat biased...

• 6.  RE: IVR integration

Posted 03-21-2019 11:12
    Oh, I'm definitely not knocking training - I spend a lot of my time doing just that. But I am also of the opinion that a simple question deserves a simple answer. :)

That said, I would add that these sorts of call flow changes should ideally be performed on a development system to avoid affecting production call flows.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources