PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Switchover || Sub-interaction center service don't start in my backup server-Switchover environment

• 1.  Switchover || Sub-interaction center service don't start in my backup server-Switchover environment

Posted 07-05-2018 07:32

Hello All,
    I have installed switch over on my development setup,  what i have noticed is when my IC(Primary) is running then my IC(Secondary) is showing starting and when my IC(secondary) is Running IC(primary) is showing starting. 

I am quite confused here, Both IC1 and IC2 services should run at the same time or once IC1 is down then IC2 should start the service.

- When my IC(secondary) was running i have opened my Interaction administrator and found there is no replication happening.

CIC : 2018 R3

Can some one please help on this?

------------------------------
    Meraj Ahmed
    The Customer Experience Lab

• 2.  RE: Switchover || Sub-interaction center service don't start in my backup server-Switchover environment

Posted 07-05-2018 09:33
    If switchover is setup correctly both IC servers should show running from the services view within windows and if you run the switchover application on either server the application should show your CIC servers are both running and in a valid switchover pair. When you already have a CIC server running and the backup server is rebooted (to be brought back into switchover) IC takes a while to start, part of starting up for the backup server includes pulling down the latest configuration from the primary server and syncing configuration. If you have a large configuration it can take quite a while to start. Sometimes for some customers we have to bump the timeout setting for the switchover subsystem if there is a large amount of configuration which needs to be replicated.

Here's what I would suggest. Shut down the Interaction Center subsystem on both servers. Restart the IC server you want to be primary. Wait for IC on the primary to show running and you have the 15008 event ID from Interaction Center in the app log. Restart the IC server you want to be secondary. Wait for IC on the secondary to show running and you have the 15008 event ID from Interaction Center in the app log, if after 30 minutes you don't get this event ID look through the app log to see which subsystem failed to start, else assuming IC started run the Switchover application to see if both servers are reporting as being in a valid switchover pair.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources