PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Configure Managed IP Phones programmatically (IceLib)

Posted 08-30-2018 03:38
    Hi,

is there a possibility to retrieve or configure (add/edit/delete) "Managed IP Phone" programmatically (e.g. by IceLib). I only found a hint on the page "Coverage of IceLib APIs" in the documentation of ICWS Api. There is written that the configuration object "ManagedPhoneConfiguration" is supported by IceLib only, not by ICWS. But I cannot find an appropriate object in IceLib documentation.

------------------------------
    Thank you

Hans-Gerd Sandhagen
    Fiebig GmbH

• 2.  RE: Configure Managed IP Phones programmatically (IceLib)

Posted 09-06-2018 10:58
    Hello Hans,

I apologize for the delay in responding, but I have been busily researching this and trying to track down the latest and greatest information for you.

Mixed news, I'm afraid.

It looks like the ICWS documentation "jumped the gun" a bit. From what I have been able to find out, the ININ.IceLib.Configuration.ManagedPhoneConfigurationConfiguration namespace has not yet been made public (which is why it isn't in the documentation.) The developers are still finishing off some of the internals, so it will hopefully make an appearance at some point, however there is no projected date or release number for it at the current time.

In the meantime, what is it that you are trying to achieve? We may be able to offer alternative solutions.

Finally, may I suggest you flag this up on the suggestions site? The link is under "Helpful Links" on the main community home page. I'm sure if a need (from our customer base) is identified, then the relative importance of this particular item may well get adjusted.

• 3.  RE: Configure Managed IP Phones programmatically (IceLib)

Posted 09-14-2018 02:25
    Hello Paul,

thank you for your answer.

I am writing an import tool to create new users inclusive dependencies, but I find out, that the standard import functionality for managed IP-Phones of Interaction Administrator should be sufficient at the moment.

---------------------------------------------
    Hans-Gerd Sandhagen
    Software Developer
    Fiebig GmbH
    ---------------------------------------------

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources