PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 01-13-2019 19:17
    Hi

Does anyone know what the forwarded call indicator is in the database?  I need to provide data to show how many incoming calls were forwarded to mobile phone, landline phone, extension, etc for a user within period of time.  Therefore I need to get that indicator first to identify what call has been forwarded.

I have gone through some tables or views, for example, calldetail_viw, but couldn't find any.  Please help.

Many thanks

Frank

#Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Frank Wei
    Mosman Municipal Council

• 2.  RE: forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 01-15-2019 10:02
    Frank,

Go check out the InteractionSummary table. There are some n Columns which you can look at to figure out if calls were transferred. Specifically look at nTransfer and nExternal. If both of them are greater than 0 then it should be an externally transferred call. If you want internal calls pick Direction = 1. Usually when I'm looking for calls like this I will make a test call which meets the criteria and then find that call in the InteractionSummary table to investigate how the call looks.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 01-15-2019 17:57
    Hi Mark

Many thanks for your advises.

I have done some test on varies calls & forwarded types, here is my findings in the table of InteractionSummary:
      1. all values in Direction field are greater or equal to 1.  Therefore this field shouldn't be the indicator to identify forwarded calls
      2. all values in nTransfer & nEcternal fields are 0.  Therefore these 2 fields are not either.
      3. the only possible way I can figure out is to look at the difference between DNIS_LocalID (this is the user extension number, for example,  my extension no.) and LastLocalNumber (in which is the destination number that the call forwarded to).  If they are different, then the call was forwarded.

However problems come up.  If I forward any calls to my mobile or external phone numbers, the DNIS_LocalID and LastLocalNumber are the same, all showing my extension number.  I guess the system couldn't recognize any forwarded external numbers, except internal extension.

My conclusion is that the current version of phone system doesn't have the data or ability to let user to trace down any external forwarded calls.  

The funny thing is that if an external forwarded call has been picked up (answered), you can see that record in Interaction Desktop screen.  However you will never find this record in the database.  I have tested this many times, all answered external forwarded call records are not appearing in the database.    Not so sure why the system does this.  Looks like that mission is impossible.

Anyway, thank you very much again Mark.

Frank

Frank Wei
    Mosman Municipal Council

• 4.  RE: forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 01-16-2019 03:49
    Frank, a couple of questions to clarify...

When I read your original thread I had assumed that when you said "forwarded", you meant "transferred". In which case it should be visible within the InteractionSummary table. If an Internal Transfer, then it would be also be in EE_TransferEvents_viw.

However, when you say "Forwarded" is this by using a Status with a number entered, and so a call is auto-forwarded? If this is the case then I doubt this would be picked up. I have been trying to think of ways to detect this.

Link to the AgentActivity_Log and pick up any such status and armed with the start time, end time and UserID in that status try to determine what calls came in?

Have you looked at the InteractionSegmentLog for the sample calls you made to see if anything is in the log there? Parsing this log is a pain, but if there are not many such calls you could do text searches. Having said that, I am unsure if the information would be there.

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 5.  RE: forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 01-16-2019 17:32
      |   view attached
    Hi Philip

Thank you very much for your information.

Sorry for the misleading terminology of "Forwarded".  What I meant here is that users can set up "Forward" features in Interaction Desktop > Options > Configuration menu bar, or in a button "Available" to automatically forward any incoming calls to other extensions, or to mobile phone, or to external phone, etc.  Screenshot attached.  For example, when I am on leaves, I would set up call forward function to forward any incoming calls (to my extension) to help-desk hotline. 

I found out that there are 6 forward options you can set up: 'Call Fwd All','Call Fwd Busy','Call Fwd DND','Call Fwd Ring No Ans', 'Available, Forward' and 'Available, Follow-Me'.  Please correct me if I am wrong, or missed anything.

I have fully checked AgentActivity_Log & InteractionSegmentLog (my is InteractionSegmentDetail), I am afraid that no such information exists.

Again, when I set up Forward function, an external call comes in, the call is automatically forwarded to the designated extension, and then I pick up the phone (from that designated extension), you will never find this record in the database.  But you still can see this record in Interaction Desktop screen.  If you are interested you may give it a try.

Anyway, thanks again for your help and time.  Looks like the current phone system doesn't provide data to let user trace down any forwarded call in details.

Thanks all
    Frank

Frank Wei
    Mosman Municipal Council

• 6.  RE: forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 01-17-2019 09:13
    Frank,

In your Available, Forward example the record must exist. Why not run the test, grab the interaction ID and then query the database with the interaction to see what the values are set to. If I have time I may test it out as your request as got me interested.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 7.  RE: forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 01-17-2019 16:23
    Hi Mark

Yes, I did grab all my test interaction IDs from what I can see in Interaction Desktop, and then searched them in the database any tables or views maybe.  I still couldn't have a clue on which call was forwarded by purely looking at the data.

Regard "Again, when I set up Forward function ('Available, Forward'), an external call comes in, the call is automatically forwarded to the designated extension, and then I pick up the phone (from that designated extension), you will never find this record in the database.  But you still can see this record in Interaction Desktop screen" ... I have tested this couple times, no any records found in the database.  I have even asked my colleague who is a programmer to do the test ... got the same result.

Again, if incoming calls are from internal (from other extensions within organization) and then being forwarded to any other internal extensions within organization, I think it is possible to identify if a call has been forwarded.  However if incoming calls are from external, or if incoming calls are forwarded to external, then I can't figure them out so far.

Please let me know if you get any outcomes.

Many thanks Mark for your help ... really appreciated.

Frank

Frank Wei
    Mosman Municipal Council

• 8.  RE: forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 01-18-2019 10:07
    Frank,

Perhaps there is an issue with your SQL query as these calls should be getting written to the interactionsummary table. Have you written a query such as 

select * from interactionsummary
    where interactionid = 'Your Interaction ID Here'

I suppose its possible that your tracker settings are set in a way that these records don't display. Assuming you can find your call then you will need to compare the transferred call to a non-transferred call to see what values are different in the record.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 9.  RE: forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 01-20-2019 19:32
    Hi Mark

Yes, I think I did write the right query to search that missing Interaction ID.  Please see the screenshots as attached.

ID 2040193856 was the one that I didn't pickup the forwarded call.  2040193848 was the one that I did answer.

I am not sure if out system settings have any issue as it is out of my control.  If you can confirm that you can see all IDs in your system, and then I need to talk with our system administrator.

Many thanks Mark for your help.

Frank

Frank Wei
    Mosman Municipal Council

• 10.  RE: forwarded call Indicator in database

Posted 02-06-2019 17:55
    Hi

I wonder if any database guru knows where (or how to) to find the call forward (or call auto transfer) indicator in Interaction Desktop IC database.

I have been doing quite a lot of testing and investigation ... looks like that it is impossible to tell if an incoming call has been forwarded (or auto transferred) to any other destinations in the database.

Really appreciate if anyone can help me out on this

Many thanks in advance

Frank

Frank Wei
    Mosman Municipal Council

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources