PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to set Custom Attribute to CallObject in Custom Interaction Script

• 1.  Unable to set Custom Attribute to CallObject in Custom Interaction Script

Posted 07-09-2018 14:26
    Hi,

I am trying to set custom attribute to a call object in Custom Script and save that custom attribute value in InteractionCustomAttributes Table.

As per the genesys pureconnect custom script guidelines I am getting the current call object in IS_Event_QueueObjectChanged function. I am opening the custom script in InteractionConnect. 

I am getting values for following attributes
    scripter.callObject.getAttribute("CallLog"));
    scripter.callObject.getAttribute("Eic_WorkgroupName");

I am able to set pre-defined interaction attribute value also
    scripter.callObject.setAttribute("Eic_Note", "Notes from script working");

When I set the custom attribute value in script its not getting saved into InteractionCustommAttributes table.
    scripter.callObject.setAttribute("Custom_Name", "Setting custom value from script");

When I set the same custom attribute in Interaction Handler, the value is getting saved into InteractionCustomAttributes table.

Please help me in resolving this issue.

------------------------------
    Thanks,
    Sandeep Singh
    The Customer Experience Lab

• 2.  RE: Unable to set Custom Attribute to CallObject in Custom Interaction Script

Posted 07-09-2018 15:27
    Sandeep,

Please take a look at the reporting data dictionary at PureConnect Reporting Data Dictionary
    Genesys remove preview
    PureConnect Reporting Data Dictionary
    meta description}}
    View this on Genesys >

In here look at the section for writing custom attributes to a particular table. You need to make an adjustment in Interaction Administrator for the attribute values to write to the database as you're expecting.

You mention that when you set it in a handler that the value is writing to the database correctly. One other thing you need to be sure of is that you have a valid call object when you try to write the value. For example if you try to set the attribute after the call object has been deallocated by the system (by default it's 2 minutes after the interaction has disconnected), it will not do anything.

Regards,

Phil

Phil Chapman
    Sr. Solution Engineer
    Altivon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources