PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Outgoing email does not work

Posted 11-20-2018 11:02

We have two new dev IC servers set up as a switchover pair. Notes 8.5 is installed on both.

On one, emails come into the monitored mailbox, go to queue, and get replied to correctly.

On the other, we do get mail from the monitored mailbox into the proper queue, but we cannot send a reply. The reply button is NOT greyed out, but clicking it does everything but actually send the reply.

Emails created in handlers do not actually get sent either.

In IA / System Configuration / Configuration / Mailboxes, we get a popup saying "Administrator was unable to resole one or more default mailboxes." Going past that, doing a search for any address or name returns "no results were found".

In IA / System Configuration / Mail / Configuration / Attendant Mailboxes, the correct name and mailbox appear. But again, going in a little, doing a search returns nothing, and doing a test on that address appears to work, but no email is actually set.

Several messages appear in the postofficeserver log, of which this is one:

CMailDelivery::SendMessageTo : $Id: //eic/2018r3_p04/products/eic/src/mailconnector2/servicesdll/MailDelivery.cpp#1 $
    function: CMailDelivery::SendMessageTo
    this: (class ATL::CComObject<class CMailDelivery>){ m_xports: { m_pBroker=0x00000000, m_monikers[0]=0x0144B780 "x-inin-mail.lnotes.transport:0" } }
    failure: 80041002 MAIL_E_NOT_FOUND
    IMailTransport::SendMessage failed in transport "x-inin-mail.lnotes.transport:0"

Email works on one of the servers but not the other. Where would I look to find out what's set up differently between the two? (in theory they should be set up the same...)

Thanks.

#SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Bob Carson
    Excellus Health Plan Inc

• 2.  RE: Outgoing email does not work

Posted 11-26-2018 17:55
    My guess is the Notes configuration on the server. Can you launce Notes on the machine and send email? If not....

• 3.  RE: Outgoing email does not work

Posted 11-27-2018 09:50
    It's been ages since I had to set up a Notes connector but if it still works like it use to in 3.0 you have to have Lotus Notes installed on the server and configured. You need to have the IC Admin email account configured so when you launch Notes you can get into the mailbox and send and receive emails from the Notes client itself. Are you able to do this on both servers?

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources