PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  handle *67 in dial plan

Posted 09-18-2018 08:04
    Hi, our client wants to allow collections agents to enter *67 in front of dialed numbers so that clients don't see who is calling. Our SIP trunk provider do not support *67. My initial solution was to have a dial group with lines sending anonymous in the from header and creates entries in the dial plan with input pattern like *67514$$$XXXXZ which use the anonymous dial group. When I use the call simulator, it works fine but it doesn't work from Interaction Connect. The call disconnects immediately. When I replace * by #, then it works. It seems like * is not acceptable in the input pattern. I have tried to escape it with a \ but it doesn't help.

Is it possible to use * in the input pattern of a dial plan?

Or is there a better solution to implement *67?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Donald

• 2.  RE: handle *67 in dial plan

Posted 09-18-2018 10:01
    * is referenced in the system for different special dial codes such as paging, picking up calls at another station, and picking up orbit parked call. I don't think *67 specifically is referenced so you could probably still get it working but will need to modify handlers. There are a bunch of customization points in System_InitiateCallRequest which let you adjust the ANI information, the only catch is that you can't adjust the dial string from this point. I suppose you could do something where you add extra digits to the dial string and then strip them at the SBC or proxy to "correct" the dialed number after it routes through CIC. I bet a client customization could be made to accomplish this as well.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: handle *67 in dial plan

Posted 09-19-2018 13:07
    Thanks for your input. I will us a code that doesn't contain *

Donald

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources