View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

• 1.  Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 06-24-2018 14:26
    Hello

System Version : 2018 R2
    Contact list table is getting flushed daily midnight and new records are getting updated next day early to contact list table by DB Team using script.

When Agent logs in into campaign, they are getting old calls (ie. previous day calls or even older calls).
    There is a schedule configured to run between 08:00 to 20:00 to stop & start the campaign.

Agents started getting new calls after recycling the campaign.

Please suggest, is this the expected behavior. Customer's requirement is to start/stop the campaign and get new calls without manual intervention.

------------------------------
    Mohammed Anees

• 2.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 06-24-2018 15:55
    Mohammed,

Can you confirm if the stop/start is being done after the new records have been loaded, but before the campaign is set to turn on (e.g. automatically)?

It's possible you're running into a timing issue, where Dialer's cache still contains records from prior to the flush occurring.

Ideally when you're doing something like this, you should make sure that the campaign isn't running (e.g. after hours), flush the call list data, insert new records, then do the stop/start of the campaign, with the campaign finally starting at it's scheduled time.

Phil

Phil Chapman
    Sr. Solution Engineer
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 06-25-2018 01:48
    Thanks Phill

Records are getting 23:00 (midnight) and inserting record on next day @ 7:00 AM.​ Campaign runs between 08:00 to 18:00,
    I noticed Agents are not signing out from the campaign, while leaving office and i can see Active agent in ICBM.
    Is it causing the issue

Mohammed Anees

• 4.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 06-25-2018 09:40
    When you reload the contact list are you by chance just clearing some of the columns but not all of them? I'm specifically interested in i3_Identity. If you are clearing the custom columns in the contact list but leaving the I3_identity column I could see this is what is causing your problem. I saw a customer keep the i3_identity value the same in the contact list from day to day and they would have issues. The customer ended up clearing the i3_<Campaign Name>_PND table nightly to correct their issues. Note that this was on an old 4.0 system but I suspect if you are reusing the i3_identity value you would still have problems in 2018.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 06-25-2018 09:49
    Mohammed,

If the agents are remaining logged into the campaign and the stop/restart doesn't occur after the new records are loaded this could cause your problem. Even though the agent isn't available to take calls, Dialer will still have records cached for that agent for when they become available. With the data reload occurring at 07:00 you want to make sure the stop/start occurs between 07:15 (to make sure the new records have successfully loaded) and 08:00. I've run into similar problems with automatically loading the contact list previously. The timing of the restart is really important, as well as making sure that agents log out at the end of their shift :)

Phil15

Phil Chapman
    Sr. Solution Engineer
    Altivon

• 6.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 06-25-2018 09:58
    Hello Anees ,

Please make sure that the I3_Identity is unique per each record at the contact List , also you need to check the other Dialer Tables Like PND 
    It might be an idea if you check the record status and mark it's STATUS as Uncallable instead of removing them daily but you have to make sure that your contact list didn't exceed 2 Million records.

Thanks, 
    Aly

Aly Nofal
    Senior System Engineer
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 7.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 06-26-2018 02:36
    Thanks for your response

Hi Mark

Contact list table is getting cleared completely, including I3_Identity.
    When contacts are getting imported next day, dialer provides unique I3_Identity for those records.

Hi Phil

Yes, i have double checked the same. 
    Contact flushed @ 23:59
    New records inserted @ 7:00
    Campaign starts automatically @ 8:00
    Agents logs in into the campaign @ 9:00
    Is the above process is fine or any modification required in the time ?.

I have concern on Agent logout after end of the shift. Agents are not doing it.
    Is it possible to automatically make them logout @ midnight or is it configurable ?​​​​​

Mohammed Anees

• 8.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 06-26-2018 08:01
    Mohammed,

Add another step between record insertion and campaign start. You should put in a Rule that stops and starts the campaign at around 07:30. A reset may work, but that's a bit of a crap shoot, sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't. I've had success with the start/stop rule in clearing the cache and loading the new records. This will also drop your agent connections and log them out of the campaign (it will not log them out of scripter or any other campaigns they may still be logged into). The rule must be put in after the records are loaded, but before it automatically turns on.

Phil

Phil Chapman
    Sr. Solution Engineer
    Altivon

• 9.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 06-28-2018 05:26
    Hi Phil

As suggested, i have created a rule, @ 12:10 with below action and set condition to run rule before campaign starts. (for testing)
    I have a schedule to between 12:30 to 16:00 and campaign automatically started @ 12:30,  

Is this behavior expected, Rule is not starting the campaign

​​​

Mohammed Anees

• 10.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 07-01-2018 08:58
    Hi Phil

rule is not working.
    Any other way to clear cache and logout agent from the campaign automatically ?

Mohammed Anees

• 11.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 07-06-2018 10:43
    Mohammed,

In your campaign configuration, can you confirm that the campaign is set to Auto as the run method (not manual on/off), and has a schedule associated with it to automatically turn the campaign on and off?
    If that's the case, modify your rule so that the first step is to End the campaign, then Reset the campaign. Make sure the rule runs after the new contacts have been loaded, and prior to the campaign automatically turning on.

I have in the past run into issues with automatically loading contacts into the contact list and just using the rule to reset the campaign. For some reason running End first, followed by Reset, then having the campaign automatically start resolves the issue. It purges anything that's cached so you're not calling old records, and pulls in the new records once the campaign starts back up. It should also log out any agents that are currently logged into the campaign.

Let me know if that works for you or not. 

Phil

Phil Chapman
    Sr. Solution Engineer
    Altivon

• 12.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 07-07-2018 03:52
    Hi Phil

Thanks for your response

Yes, Campaign is set to start/stop automatically using schedule and it is working as expected.

I will try as suggested and let you know, Meanwhile i would like to share what i have done.

I have created a rule to reset a campaign after campaign starts. This rule resets campaign and clears cached contacts and loads new contacts.
    off course Agents are not getting logged off, but however new contacts are getting cached for dialing.​

Mohammed Anees

• 13.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

GENESYS
    Posted 07-09-2018 15:41
    Mohammed,

When you clear out the contact list, are you truncated or deleting the table?
    Are you using a SQL or Oracle database? 
    Are you clearing the call scheduled table when you clear the contact list?

Thanks,
    Eric

Eric Berkshire
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 07-10-2018 02:59
    HI Eric

We are using SQL database and we are deleting the records, table remains same.
    As of now, we are not clearing Scheduled calls

Mohammed Anees

• 15.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

GENESYS
    Posted 07-10-2018 08:02
    Mohammed,

You may want to try clearing out the scheduled calls table. If that doesn't work, I would suggest the next step is to engage the support organization for further investigation. Dialer should not be calling leads that don't exist in the contact list table.

Eric

Eric Berkshire
    Genesys - Employees

• 16.  RE: Interaction Dialer dials calls which are not in Contact List

Posted 07-30-2018 03:25
    Hello All

This issue is fixed after changing the following parameter

Campaign --> Recall Control --> Max Times to Recycle : Unlimited

After marking this parameter unlimited, dialer starting picking records instantly after import.

Regards
    Mohammed Anees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources