PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Emails not routing to WG's when specific words are used in the subject/body

Posted 11-19-2018 09:01
    Hi all

I've set up some routing rules in Email Attendant however when testing this is not working. What I am trying to achieve is:

1). Customer submits an email with a specific word in the body or subject
    2). Email routes to a defined workgroup where the specific word is identified
    3). If the email contains no specific words it goes to another workgroup

This to me seems very logical and should work yet it doesn't. For info I've ordered the nodes in the order I'd like actions to flow. Unlike Voice Attendant there is also no option to make one of the nodes a default one.

Look forward to the responses on this.

Cheers
    Mark
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Mark Oleksik

• 2.  RE: Emails not routing to WG's when specific words are used in the subject/body

Posted 11-19-2018 09:43
    Mark,

Email attendant's "node order" is a big part of why I don't like email attendant.  It processes everything in order, but the email transfer step just serves to confuse.  What I would do is make sure "Add entry to the Interaction Log" is enabled on all of your nodes in this profile and then see the order that it is executing in on a few test emails with keywords implanted.  It may help to look at the IP log as well.  Depending on how many keywords you are trying to do this to route to specific workgroups, this could get messy fast.

If I were doing this, I would very likely use a custom subroutine to parse the email instead of this tool, as I prefer to be able to debug things like this.  I would then just have the subroutine assign "Eic_AttDynamicWorkgroupName" to the interaction to use in the workgroup transfer immediately after the subroutine.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Emails not routing to WG's when specific words are used in the subject/body

Posted 11-19-2018 11:12
    Hi Aaron - as always thank you for the reply!

Even with the absolute basic of routing, it doesnt work. I have literally 3 nodes under the one default schedule in the correct order yet emails dont pull through to connect. I just cant seem to work out why!

Mark Oleksik

• 4.  RE: Emails not routing to WG's when specific words are used in the subject/body

Posted 11-19-2018 12:23
    If it isn't sensitive information, can you provide some screenshots of each node expanded so we can see the configuration?

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources