PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

• 1.  Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

Posted 07-16-2018 17:26
    Good afternoon Community:
    We wanted to logon in Interaction Connect, using Google Chrome Version: 67.0.3396.99 (Build oficial) (64 bits), and IIS 10.0 in Windows Server 2016. We installed PureConnect 2018 R3 three days ago and configure this IIS for Interaction Connect purposes. 
    But in the moment that we wrote the CIC name in the Interaction Connect IC Server label, Interaction Connect response with this error:

We have two DNS servers and the CIC server name was resolved by one of them. Windows Firewall was down in IIS and CIC. 
    In addition, we have the following configuration in the "servers.json":
    {
    "version": 1,
    "servers": [
    { "host": "ICServerHostname", "displayName": "" }
    ]
    }

We are not sure if we had to configure ICWS or when we installed the CIC Server that module was installed too.
    We will appreciate all your collaboration  or with this issue or any suggestion. 
    Thanks!

------------------------------
    William Martín Chávez González
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

Posted 07-17-2018 02:36
    Hello William,

Please try the following Steps,

1- open Interaction Administrator 
    2- Goto system configuration
    3- in the left pane open configuration 
    4- open connection security tab 
    5-open "configure <g class="gr_ gr_297 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="297" data-gr-id="297">logon</g> authentication"
    6- clear the "Allow Single-sign authentication" check mark

Please let me know the result 

Regards

Mahmoud Kamal
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 3.  RE: Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

Posted 07-17-2018 11:37
    Good morning Mr. Mahmoud Kamal:

Thank you for your response but it did not work.
    We did not know this configuration option, we let it like this while we resolve this problem.

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

Posted 07-17-2018 09:33
    From what you are saying, this sounds like a new install.  Has it ever worked?

For starters, because of where it is failing, I would compare your proxy settings under application request routing in IIS to the tech ref for setting up the web apps.

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/CIC_Web_Applications_ICG.pdf

The proxy settings are on page 8 under the bold step 1 sub step 3.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

Posted 07-17-2018 11:55
    Good Morning Mr. Aaron Rael:

Thank you for your response. All about this Reverse Proxy configuration (Step1, Literal 3) is ok. 
    The problem persist but we want to know if we have to do other configuration  in Interaction Administrator.
    We do not know if it is necessary configure the ICWS module in Interaction Administrator or if it is necessary have a TLS conection between the Browser and the IIS server.

Thanks!

• 6.  RE: Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

Posted 07-17-2018 12:04
    You shouldn't need to do any configuration in Interaction Administrator for the web apps.  Have you tested the ports needed between your web server and your IC server with telnet to ensure they are open?  

Port 8019 for https between IIS and CIC
    Port 8016 for http between IIS and CIC

Otherwise, I would go through the config guide start to finish and review the setup process with what you have currently.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 7.  RE: Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

Posted 07-25-2018 13:25
    If you are using HTTPS as your communication to the CIC server, you need to make sure you copy the HTTPS Cert from both CIC servers and any OSSM you may have and then install them.

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 8.  RE: Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

Posted 08-02-2018 15:05
    I just experienced this same issue today and ended up needing to copy and trust the full certificate chain as opposed to just the HTTPS certificate from PureConnect (as the documentation states). I don't remember ever having to do this before, but it fixed the issue.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

• 9.  RE: Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

GENESYS
    Posted 08-03-2018 08:47
    Hi David,
    I'd like to review and correct the documentation wherever it is misleading. Could you send me the link and page to the doc you were referring to?

I did notice that on page 14 of the CIC Web Applications Installation and Configuration Guide that it says you must trust the entire certificate chain when configuring HTTPS on the IIS server, but I'm not sure if that part is relevant to what you were configuring. 
    https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/CIC_Web_Applications_ICG.pdf  

Thanks,

Kevin

[Kevin] [Kuhns]
    [Senior Manager - Global IX]

• 10.  RE: Interaction Connect - Logon Fails

Posted 08-06-2018 08:13
    The documentation for this parameter is here: https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_ia/desktop/ic_server/server_configuration/general_telephony_parameters.htm

Based on how the system functions, it seems like the documentation is backwards from reality.

David Currier
    cpi.solutions

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources