PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Followup status after outbound call

Posted 11-28-2018 09:42
    I am trying to understand what controls the agents status change after an outbound call. Currently when an agent finishes an outbound call their status is changed to "Followup". Once they disposition the call the status is changed to Available. If the agent does not disposition the call they will stay in the "Followup" status until they manually change it themselves to Available. The supervisor wants the status to change to Available after 20 seconds.
    I look at the campaign and see in the Recall control Followup Status field set to the status of followup but no timer like in the work group under wrap up. I tried setting it up in the outbound workgroup under wrap up but that didn't work. So I am guessing the Campaign parameters over ride the work group settings.
    So my question is this. Is there a timer to control the status change on an outbound call if the agent does not disposition the call.
    I hope I am clear on what I am asking.

#Outbound

------------------------------
    Vito Denaro

• 2.  RE: Followup status after outbound call
    Best Answer

Posted 11-28-2018 10:11
    I assume you are using Dialer and using base scripter? To the best of my knowledge there is no way in the system to automatically push the agent back to available. I opened an incident with Genesys about this a while back and they confirmed that the system is designed to leave the agent in follow-up forever. The reason for this is the ownership is on the agent to finish the call, document it, disposition it, and then move on to the next one. If you force the agent back into an available status the previous call is going to be dispositioned as ambiguous which is a bad thing for dialer as dialer has no clue what the actual outcome of the call is. Read: you could be out of compliance depending on your regulatory requirements.

I suspect you are trying to use technology to force agents to do their job. Unfortunately with this particular situation the only practical solution which doesn't mess up dialer is to coach the agents and scorecard them on their after call work time. Another solution I have seen customers used with success is to offer a small monetary incentive such as $.25 per successful call per whatever metrics they use. The idea here is that the agents are more inclined to get through calls to get that extra money and they won't sit in follow-up longer than they need to.

If you want to throw all caution to the wind you can get the status changed back to available after X seconds but it will require you to switch to custom scripter, build a custom webpage, and embed the status flipping logic into the webpage. But be warned if you go this path any call that is not dispositioned will end as ambiguous totally messing up dialer.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Followup status after outbound call

Posted 11-28-2018 10:19
    Thank you Mark for clearing that up. This answers my question and gives me a better understanding on this subject. I can now explain to the supervisor why it cannot be done. 
    I have only been working on CIC for a little over 8 months and there is so much to learn after working on PBX's for over 35 years. The most I do with Campaigns at this time is to setup the one time Holiday schedule to close the campaigns.
    Again, thank you.

Vito Denaro

• 4.  RE: Followup status after outbound call

Posted 11-28-2018 10:48
    Quite agree with the comments on agent responsibility. I had the same problem.

When we issue the outbound dialing report daily, it includes a tab on which agents went overlong in a call, compared to average call time etc. Also, it is a quality fail if they spend excessive time in Wrap.

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

• 5.  RE: Followup status after outbound call

Posted 11-28-2018 13:05
    Following on from the Custom Script solution, you could also create a new Wrap-Up code of something like "Agent Not doing their Job and needs a Kick up the Butt" and then have the Script auto-disposition as that code after the timer runs out.

This would have the benefits of not messing up Dialer by having undispositioned calls and also allowing you to run a report of those agents who need "speaking to" by their Supervisor.

HTH

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources