PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

Posted 07-16-2018 07:41
    Hi all, I am running PureConnect 2018 R1 and we are starting to rollout the Interaction Connect Client.  My clients have been running Interaction Desktop but since all the new features are being rolled out in Connect, we wanted to start test driving it.  Is there a setting I am missing to turn off the "ring computer"?  Right now our phones are ringing along with the computer.  It's a little annoying.  I can create a silent .wav file, to suppress the noise, but it seems to mean there should be a setting for this.  
    Thanks in advance for any assistance!

------------------------------
    Lisa Knabach
    Wintrust Financial

• 2.  RE: Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

Posted 07-20-2018 14:00
    We don't use Interaction Connect but ran into the same issue with PureConnect for SF.  We ended up rolling out a group policy to mute the Chrome tab running SF.  I was told there was no way to turn the incoming ringing sound in PC4SF.  
    Not a solution but a workaround until there is a way to disable that.

Jess Doolittle
    BHSC

• 3.  RE: Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

Posted 07-25-2018 08:03
    Dear <g class="gr_ gr_7 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_disable_anim_appear ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="7" data-gr-id="7">lisa</g>,

we are facing an issue in interaction connect,
    when we installed it and install the web service we can access it by using CIC authentication only.
    how can <g class="gr_ gr_210 gr-alert gr_tiny gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling multiReplace" id="210" data-gr-id="210">i</g> access the interaction connect by windows authentication

can you guide me throw this plz

Andrew Adel
    IST Integration Services And Technologies Co.

• 4.  RE: Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

Posted 07-25-2018 08:29

Hi Andrew,

We also have faced issues with Interaction Connect windows authentication when using Internet Explorer, but this works fine for us when we use Chrome instead.

Try using Chrome with windows authentication.

I had raised a ticket to Interactive Intelligence support some time ago but got it closed as we decided to use Chrome instead but Genesys should try to get it looked into and fixed.

Regards
    Vineet

Vineet Kakroo
    FIL Investment Management Ltd

• 5.  RE: Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

Posted 07-25-2018 08:40
    As we test drive Interaction Connect we are learning that it is missing some key features.  
    We are missing the SIP Soft Phone Option, it looks like WEB RTC is the only other option besides a station.
    If you were alerted on 911 calls on Interaction Desktop you are no longer receiving those alerts.
    Auto Status Changer - my teams absolute favorite is no longer available.  
    If Interaction Connect is the future where is the road map for development and how do we get to participate in that journey?

Lisa Knabach
    Wintrust Financial

• 6.  RE: Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

Posted 07-25-2018 08:50

I also saw Web RTC as the only solution currently to use softphone with Connect. This from a recent Roadmap discussion with Genesys

DP-1854: EARLY ADOPTER RELEASE OF WEBRTC

Only available for LCM PureConnectCloud customers with a PureCloudEdge on premise

Premise customers may use this if they already have a PureCloud Communicate license (pricing TBD) and a PureCloud Edge device

Audio functionality only

Enables Interaction Connect users to use a web browser on a PC as a SIP telephone and eliminates the need for a physical IP telephone or separate SIP soft phone application

Regards

Philip Last

Business Intelligence Manager

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Arvato CRM Solutions, UK & Ireland

Phoenix One
    59-63 Farnham Road

Slough

SL1 3TN

www.arvato.co.uk

philip.last@arvato.co.uk

Mobile: +44 (0)791 724 3236

Description: <a href=image001.png@01D131C8.6FC88ED0">

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system.

Registered company details: Arvato Limited, One Fleet Place, London, EC4M 7WS. Registration number: 03923307 (England & Wales).

• 7.  RE: Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2018 15:02
    Lisa (and Philip), why are you thinking you cannot use the Interactive SIP Softphone with Interaction Connect?

I just logged into Connect on 2018 R3 and used the installed SIP Softphone (installed from the IC User Apps 64-bit installer) to place and receive calls, leave and play back voicemail.

When logging in, there is no option in the drop-down for SIP Softphone like there is when logging into Interaction Desktop, but you select Workstation and type the name of the computer (e.g. georgegpc in my case).

Just make sure the SIP Softphone is running and provisioned before logging into Interaction Connect.

So, it is not as automated or intuitive as it is using the softphone with Interaction Desktop, but it works just fine in my experience.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

Posted 07-25-2018 16:13
    Possibly because I cannot provision a SIP soft phone from remote locations, only on local network. I use connect on other sites and networks not associated with our current installations

Sent from my iPhone

• 9.  RE: Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2018 15:09
    Regarding Roadmap and requests...

There should be a banner on your home page that says something like "It looks like you own PureConnect". Click that banner.

On the subsequent page, you should see a link for the Product Ideas Lab. That is where you can enter your feature requests and vote on requests others have submitted. That's also documented in the Community post Matt referenced.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: Interaction Connect Ring Sounds

GENESYS
    Posted 07-25-2018 10:47
    Hey Everyone, 

Thanks for the spirited thread. I saw that you had some product requests that you might like for Genesys to consider. Just a reminder that you submit your feature requests through the Ideas Portal. You can learn more about the portal in the following post on PureConnect - Genesys

Cheers!

Matt Lawson
    Genesys - Employees
    Online Community Manager

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources