PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Accessing Salesforce from handlers

Posted 02-08-2019 17:15

Hi, I am working on a new IVR where I want to search Salesforce ServiceCloud for a match on the inbound ANI.   If I can't find it, I want to prompt the customer for Contract Number before passing the call along to a workgroup.

How are you accessing Salesforce data for validation from a handler?   Does it have to be through a store procedure?  SOql?

thanks!
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Craig Andree
    SECURIAN FINANCIAL NETWORK

• 2.  RE: Accessing Salesforce from handlers

Posted 02-11-2019 10:06
    Edited by Sheldon Goodrich 02-11-2019 10:07
    Hey Craig, I did something similar but on the Sales side. I have an handler that searches SF (SF_SearchValue). In the Softphone layout I have it popping the record or search screen if multiple matches are found.

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_tr/desktop/pdfs/salesforce_integration_cic_ag.pdf

Look on page 46.

Sheldon Breading-Goodrich
    Financial Engines, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Accessing Salesforce from handlers

Posted 02-13-2019 10:19
    Thanks Sheldon!   Page 46 talks about making the screen pop.   How does your handler query Salesforce prior to making the pop?   I want to look and see if the ANI exists in Salesforce and if it doesn't I want my handler to prompt for a Policy Number or SSN and then make the pop.   Thanks!

Craig Andree
    SECURIAN FINANCIAL NETWORK

• 4.  RE: Accessing Salesforce from handlers

Posted 02-13-2019 14:38
    Criag you can get the ANI from Call1 or Interaction1 Variable. Then you would set the ANI as an attribute and then do a Rest Call API into Salesforce with the sting below and after the = you can use the attribute you just set as the search string.

https://XXXXX.my.salesforce.com/services/data/v41.0/parameterizedSearch/?q=nnn-nnn-nnnn (xxx being instance domain name or number, N = ANI)

Sheldon Breading-Goodrich
    Financial Engines, Inc.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources