PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Enabling Chat parameter with existing SMS Parameter - Caution

Posted 03-26-2018 12:12

This post is meant as both a warning for others as well as a question if this is expected behavior.

I ran the SendCustomNotification Set IWeb Strings command to enabled the Chat Parameter and found that it not only gave me the Chat parameter but it also reset the exisiting SMS parameter.

1) I don't see anything in the documentation saying that this command would or could reset existing parameters. In fact i wasn't aware this command was also used to create the SMS parameter until i was notified of an issue and looked into it.  Is it expected that re-running the command will reset existing command even if you are trying to add another parameter? 

2) If this is expected behavior, could we have Moderators get this put into the Chat and SMS technical Reference or do i need to open a ticket with our VAR to open a ticket with Genesys with that.

Thank you,

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Enabling Chat parameter with existing SMS Parameter - Caution

GENESYS
    Posted 04-16-2018 11:15
    The first time you run it, it will add the settings for both SMS and Chat. If you run it a second time, it will overwrite any changes that have been made to settings for SMS, but not for Chat. If you run it more than two times, it should not overwrite any changes that have been made to either. I'm not familiar with the history behind it, but I believe the behavior is based on the feature allowing SMS messages to route as Chats being added long after Chats, and a desire to provide separate settings for them.

So I'm a little bit confused, if you already had the settings for SMS, then you should have had the settings for Chat as well. Did you have a situation where you had settings for SMS, but not for Chats?

-Troy

Troy Tricker
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Enabling Chat parameter with existing SMS Parameter - Caution

Posted 04-16-2018 13:03
    Hi Troy,

that is correct when i was looking to implement Chat, the only Parameter within Web Services Parameters was SMS. SMS was implemented a few years ago and was before my time. It could be possible that both Settings were originally created and the engineering at the time deleted chat thinking we didn't need it.

Since what you are saying match's what we experienced, i am going to say somebody had deleted the chat parameter when they implemented SMS.

Thank you for the explanation.

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources