PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Busy Signal through Interaction Connect

Posted 05-07-2019 13:33
    ​Looking for help. I am currently having an issue where if I dial a number directly from my Cisco phone the number works. If I dial through using Interaction Connect, I get a busy signal. I looked to see if there was a dial plan issue and there seems to not be one unless it's user error. :(
    #Telephony

------------------------------
    Elyse Gritsonis
    Johnson Financial Group

• 2.  RE: Busy Signal through Interaction Connect

Posted 05-08-2019 09:39
    Elyse,

The Cisco phone is probably doing something different with the number than what CIC is doing. Go pull the SIP engine log (check to see it is at notes first) and look to see what SIP messaging is going between the CIC server and the remote party. You could also see what the disconnect disposition is from the call log or from the client but sometimes the disposition in the call log is different than what you get back in the SIP messaging so I like to look at the SIP messaging. Chances are the to address is formatted differently between CIC and the Cisco phone and the remote device is not accepting the invite from the CIC server.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Busy Signal through Interaction Connect

Posted 05-08-2019 12:01
    Is the Cisco phone connected to IC and being used as a Station, or is it independant?

If it's independant, then it may well be worth putting the number into "Simulate Call" in the Dial Plan to see if it's being manipulated in some way by IC / being sent to a Line that has issues / whatever. There isn't much point in doing this if the phone is used as an IC Station, since it would be using the same DIal Plan...

• 4.  RE: Busy Signal through Interaction Connect

Posted 05-09-2019 17:41
    ​Hi Paul,

The Cisco phone is being used as a station.

Elyse Gritsonis
    Johnson Financial Group

• 5.  RE: Busy Signal through Interaction Connect

Posted 05-10-2019 16:01
    If the Cisco phone is being used a remote station, connected to and provisioned by Call Manager, then when a call is placed from the phone it will not use PureConnect or its dial plan. It will instead dial directly through Call Manager. I suspect this is the case.

Is the above scenario, you do need to test the dial string used when dialing from iDesktop using dial plan's simulate call. this should reveal the issue. The SIPEngine log will also record the actual dial string used to place the call.

Chris Mayo
    Director, Technical Services
    Altivon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources