PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  sendCustomHandlerNotification not supported?

Posted 01-10-2019 18:55
      |   view attached

Method Call for Dialer Object Is the following:
    Error says sendcustomHandlerNotification is not supported,
    support page says available at 2018 r3. we are using 2018 r3

From a function in JavaScript()

"scripter.dialer.sendCustomHandlerNotification"

--Passes 3 parameters

Links / Resources:

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/scripter_dg/desktop/revisions.htm When it was introduced

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedprojects/wh_dlr/mergedprojects/scripter_dg/desktop/dialer_object.htm example (but does not show how to invoke/use)

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_dlr/mergedProjects/scripter_dg/desktop/dialer_sendcustomhandlernotification_method.htm Help reference from Genesys

#ArchitectureandDesign
    #Handlers

• 2.  RE: sendCustomHandlerNotification not supported?

Posted 01-10-2019 19:05
      |   view attached
    Updated image

• 3.  RE: sendCustomHandlerNotification not supported?

Posted 01-11-2019 09:40
    Rudy,

Where are you actually calling this from, is it a web page? I haven't done this from a web page but I was involved in project where we called the send custom notification function form a .net application. Have you pulled down the send custom notification files to the web server as we had to do that for the .net application.

Thanks,

------------------------------
    Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: sendCustomHandlerNotification not supported?

Posted 01-14-2019 12:02
    I am curious if this is an undocumented Connect only function. I assume you are running your tests via Interaction Scripter based on the images, so I ran a test in Scripter 2018R4 and receive the same error message.

Sean Walls

• 5.  RE: sendCustomHandlerNotification not supported?

Posted 01-14-2019 12:49
    The test was being run in scripter.net, the handler was developed around this function before the functionality of the method was verified for it. i have received confirmation from genesys this morning that it is not supported for scripter.net but only interaction scripter:

"Development has confirmed that this method is not included in scripter.net and is a Connect's Scripter view only feature. Any of the new methods that were released for the Connect Scripter view were only meant to be released for Connect Scripter. I understand the documentation does that make that distinction and will need to be addressed.
    Development is currently discussing how feasible it is to move this into Scripter.net. One of the big differences between Scripter.net and the Connect's Scripter view is that Connect's Scripter view is asynchronous, while Scripter.Net is a synchronous platform. If the decision is made to add this functionality to Scripter.net, it is not likely going to be a quick turnaround since it will not be a simple porting of the existing code to Scripter.net.
    An option is to switch to using Interaction Connect. The scripts would need to be modified to work with Connect Scripter's asynchronous design. The agent's would also have to switch from using Interaction Scripter and Interaction Desktop to Interaction Connect."

I am now looking for an alternative to get the handler working within scripter.net, we are currently developing an intermediate page that will pop a browser window that utilizes ICWS that creates the session and gathers the variables from the handler. the only problem is that to create the session we will need the username and password for the user making the transfer. We are trying to work with the VAR who developed the handler for the viability of this workaround.

another option would be to completely adopt Interaction scripter, but our iconnect environment has only just been implemented (about a week) and the stability of it has not been verified. 

I would appreciate any feedback of others that have been in the same situation before.

• 6.  RE: sendCustomHandlerNotification not supported?

Posted 01-14-2019 13:26
    If I may ask, what does the custom handler do?

Sean Walls

• 7.  RE: sendCustomHandlerNotification not supported?

Posted 01-14-2019 17:42
    it performs a lookup in a our database to match a call object and calls the workgroup associated with it. if no one is available it does an ACD transfer. it also brings in the workgroup user after pressing "1" without putting the client on hold. keeping the prospect and the initial agent speaking while the conference is being attempted.

• 8.  RE: sendCustomHandlerNotification not supported?

Posted 01-16-2019 13:43
    If there is no UI as such, then I would be inclined to write a web service. Call this from your script (standard JavaScript webservice call) passing the parameters required. The webservice could make use of either ICELib or ICWS to perform the function required.

You may even be able to write the webservice in Handlers, so it's just a different way of calling the Handler....

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources