Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Transfer Call to Queue from Desk Phone

Posted 10-11-2018 12:14

Our customers can be a little impatient at times. Instead of waiting for the next available agent, requesting a callback, or leaving a voicemail (all options they're given), they'll sometimes hang up, call back, and bother our Sales and Accounting teams.

In these instances, our Sales/Accounting team would need to transfer the call back to Support (putting that customer back at the end of the line because they don't seem to understand how this works...). However, these two teams exclusively use desk phones, not the PureCloud app/site.

We would like for these teams to be able to send calls to our Support queue but since we can't assign Extensions to queues (as far as I can see), how do we accomplish this? Is this even possible?

• 2.  RE: Transfer Call to Queue from Desk Phone

GENESYS
    Posted 10-11-2018 12:17
    I use a Regular Expression Match Type number plan to convert the extension into the DID, which keeps the call internal and routes through the associated flow.

Convert extension to DID

------------------------------
    George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Transfer Call to Queue from Desk Phone

Posted 12-28-2018 12:24
      |   view attached

Hey George!

Thanks for the suggestion! (He said a few months later...) Wish I could say it worked but I'm running into trouble.

I added the new Number Plan to our site as you recommended. However, when I dial the extension from a desk phone, I get the error stating the number could not be dialed. I figured this might be because 1000 is in our Extension Pool, so I adjusted the pool to exclude it but I still receive the error.

In the PureCloud app, the error "A dial plan entry was not found for an outgoing call attempt" appears when the dialing attempt occurs.

I have attached a screenshot of the Number Plan I had set up on our site. Am I missing something? Thanks!

Travis Tubbs
    Bypass Mobile

• 4.  RE: Transfer Call to Queue from Desk Phone

GENESYS
    Posted 12-28-2018 12:28
    You have your custom entry below the Extension entry, so the Extension entry ios picking it up first and failing, giving you the message. 

So, you need to move the Forward to Support DID entry above Extension and it should work.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Transfer Call to Queue from Desk Phone

Posted 12-28-2018 12:37
    Oh man... That's the one <g class="gr_ gr_29 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="29" data-gr-id="29">ordering</g> I didn't try. Once I moved it up, it worked as expected.

Thanks so much for your help!

Travis Tubbs
    Bypass Mobile

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources