PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Callback interactions not keeping the queue order

Posted 09-20-2018 14:59
    We are testing the callbacks on 2016R4 and it appears that callback requests are sent to the end of the queue. What's even worst, it looks like they get the Priority setting reset to minimum value because the calls with default priority of 50 are always in front of the callback placeholder.  So the result is that if there is a steady stream of calls the callback is not sent to agent until there are no other interactions in the queue.

My impression was that when the callback interaction is created from the original call then the call parameters (i.e. priority, time in queue, language, etc.) are carried to the callback interaction.

I have observed this behavior in 4.0SU6 and in 2016R4.
    Any help on how to deal this issue would be appreciated.

------------------------------
    Krzysztof Lipowski

• 2.  RE: Callback interactions not keeping the queue order

Posted 09-21-2018 04:24
    Hi Krzysztof

When you create a callback the original call attributes are not passed by default. If you want to pass attributes to the callback, I recommend that you check the following link

https://community.genesys.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=55&MID=67922&CommunityKey=cf214c8f-5206-4010-9b2c-2085cbd65a44&tab=digestviewer#bmaf74e62e-f56c-4fc6-9811-ce3f3a88fb25

Anyway, if the agents answer callbacks with calls waiting in queue, it will generate more callbacks and probably deteriorate the customer experience.

Hope it helps

Iván Lara

• 3.  RE: Callback interactions not keeping the queue order

Posted 09-21-2018 09:11
    I thought by default as long as the callback is created as part of the in queue operation all of the ACD related settings are copied over. In other words if you use the queue timeout function then the call is removed from queue and creating a callback will default all the ACD attributes and set the call to the end if the queue, but if you use the in queue operation to request a callback then the callback interaction should replace the existing phone call keeping all of the ACD settings.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 4.  RE: Callback interactions not keeping the queue order

Posted 09-21-2018 09:58
    The callback is implemented entirely in queue, that's the point. There is a menu in queue that basically gives a choice: "if you don't want to sit there with your phone at your ear for next 20 minutes we can call you back, otherwise just keep waiting". This makes sense only if the place in queue of the caller is preserved because the caller might have waited a few minutes already.
    And then, there is a problem with priority setting - if it's really wiped when callback is created then there is a potential that the callback will never be answered. Our queues are full until the end of the day.

Krzysztof Lipowski

• 5.  RE: Callback interactions not keeping the queue order

Posted 09-25-2018 09:11
    I would set this up in your UAT environment, turn up logging on ACD server and then run some tests. You should be able to see what ACD is scoring the interactions which should give some you insight as to what might be going wrong. From what you are saying you should be fine and it "should just work" so looking at logs are going to be the best option to figure out why the callback is getting answered after where you think it should be.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources