PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  information about GetDigits_Internal Function?

Posted 08-15-2018 15:00
    I am encountering a stopping point when trying to configure the Extended Place Call tool step "No Answer" function.
    Any second(s) value I change will not change the behavior of the outbound call unless I enable call analysis which is the direct opposite of what I need to do.

I have the no answer set to 10 seconds and this is verified in the IP log "Timoout=10":
    GetDigitEx_2_3_1() : 2001323465, Valid=0123456789, Escape=*, Term=#, Max=25, IDigDelay=3, Timeout=10, TermAttribute=, TermAttributeCallId=2001323463 Freq1=1100, Dev1=50, Freq2=0, Dev2=50, RepeatOnInterrupt=false

[Context Attribute 'Thread Name']: IP-Handler
    [Context Attribute 'IP Context Id']: 32519

The next line of code in the log shows this:

GetDigits_Internal : p_CallId=2001323465
    p_TermReason=Unknown
    p_Digits =
    p_strAttributeToMonitor=
    p_MonitoredCallId=2001323463
    p_Mode=1
    p_nNoResponseTimeout=-1

[Context Attribute 'Thread Name']: IP-Handler
    [Context Attribute 'IP Context Id']: 32519

It looks to me like the parameter "p_nNoResponseTimeout" is setting the call to -1 which is the exact effect I am experiencing.
    I am wondering if there is another way to manipulate this in order establish a dial out timer?

------------------------------
    Vincent Moore
    CTS LanguageLink

• 2.  RE: information about GetDigits_Internal Function?

Posted 08-16-2018 09:23
    Can you give me more context as to what you are attempting to do? It looks like you are trying to make an external call but then you are using a get digit tool step? I think you are trying to call out and then verify the remote party picked up but want to understand big picture what you are trying to do.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: information about GetDigits_Internal Function?

Posted 08-16-2018 13:54

Hi Mark, Our current customization takes a customers inbound call through the IVR and collects data from prompts and makes an outbound call to someone base on the information received. 

The problem is that without call analysis enabled on the extended place call tool step, the customer will be on hold for over a minute or more while the extended tool step dials out and succeeds when the outbound callee's voice mail picks up, which is what we do not want.  My plan was to reduce the amount of time/rings of an outbound call so that it disconnects and takes a different action before there is a chance for voice mail to answer.

I am trying to make an outbound call, and if the call is not answered in 10 seconds, disconnect outbound call and move forward through different logic of the handler which is to transfer the inbound call to the call center and have an agent dial out manually.

Your probably wondering why I am not simply using call analysis, which is a long story and would require retraining a lot of people.

I am hunting for the tool step that is creating the getdigits_internal log entry but I am unsuccessful at the moment, so in order to isolate other customization's we have a created a new subroutine handler under a new attendant profile.

It seems to perform the exact same way and will not change unless I enable the call analysis, so I am trying to figure out how to customize a handler to stop the call at 10 seconds if the call is not answered.

Vincent Moore
    CTS LanguageLink

• 4.  RE: information about GetDigits_Internal Function?

Posted 08-17-2018 17:43
    The fix for this was to turn on Call Analysis, but leave answering machine detection off.  Works perfectly.

Vincent Moore
    CTS LanguageLink

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources