PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Custom Dashbaord

Posted 01-23-2019 04:03
    Dears Pure connect Community, 

I am create custom dashboard using ICWS API, and I am facing an issue with retrieving "agents login time" in real time way.

Please, help 

Thanks
    #Integrations

------------------------------
    Saad Tokaz
    Pioneers Outsourcing

• 2.  RE: Custom Dashbaord

Posted 01-23-2019 09:45
    If you're creating a dashboard that is hosted by a server and effectively always running, you could achieve this by subscribing to the sessions for the subset of users you are trying to monitor.  You'll see sessions get added as users log on, and removed as they log off.

If you're running this as a localized app from a machine, that doesn't exactly work.  While session views return the timestamp they were created in ICBM, looking at the API documentation, it doesn't appear that the subscriptions return that value.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Custom Dashbaord

Posted 01-24-2019 05:25
    Hi Aaron, 

When I subscribe to set of users how I can retrieve login time of those users

BR.

Saad Tokaz
    Pioneers Outsourcing

• 4.  RE: Custom Dashbaord

Posted 01-24-2019 10:07
    In the solution I'm envisioning, which involves a server that is effectively always polling for session adds and removals for your pool of users, you would create your own local cache of times to display based on when new sessions are present in your polling and removing them when you receive a removal notice that a session has ended.

Think of it like this.

You poll at 10:00 AM and receive back a notice that a user session has been added since your last polling (or perhaps you're using SSE and just get this at the exact time it was added).  You then associate that user with that date and time for their logon, until you are notified that they have been removed.

Ideally, you'd use server sent events for this so that you get the exact time that the session was created (more or less) rather than a polling interval which will only give you a time +/- your polling interval in error.

If this all sounds like something that just wouldn't work, you could start looking at user availability data in the database.  If you look at the help doc for the user availability report in ICBM, it gives you an idea as to how the report is constructed, and from there you can explore the data available to see if that is a better fit for what you are trying to accomplish.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources