Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  New Connection column in Performance views

Posted 05-13-2019 20:59

Hi,

Can anyone clarify the basis of the new Connection tab in performance views?
    What makes up the total number connections, is it collective of all attempts for queues which includes but not limited to non transfers to agents?

#Outbound
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 2.  RE: New Connection column in Performance views

GENESYS
    Posted 05-13-2019 21:37
    Simple...to quote the Resource Center: "The number of interactions that initially connected to the contact center in a particular location, such as a queue or IVR." :-)

It was designed to count the number of calls coming in on a specific DNIS, and count where calls originally connect in the system (usually Queue for statistics sake, or in the IVR).

@Darlene Oordt can give more of the detail behind it.​

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: New Connection column in Performance views

Posted 05-19-2019 20:59
    Thanks George, still seems high in comparison when I look at our daily connection for an outbound queue in comparison to offered calls to agents. So bit concerning from an operational perspective. Will reach out to support and Darlene.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 4.  RE: New Connection column in Performance views

Posted 05-28-2019 20:41
    Unfortunately still not clear on this, raised with support but seems like they are in the same boat.
    @George Ganahl @Darlene Oordt

If its designed to count the amount of calls coming in on a queue. Is this capturing every live connection with a voice?
    What I am trying to determine is the relevance to a Outbound Dialer Queue and what improvements I can do to enhance more live connections to reach agents . As I mentioned in my previous post the connection tab seems to have the same behavior of a total dialed numbers, would that be more accurate to say?
    That would make more sense and help identify where improvements can occur.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 5.  RE: New Connection column in Performance views

GENESYS
    Posted 05-28-2019 22:19
    Darryn-

I've asked support to ask you for some example conversations where you are confused about the new nConnected metric so we can better explain how it's working.  Thanks!

Darlene Oordt
    Sr Director, Product Management
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources