Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Sms functionality

Posted 05-21-2019 02:01
    Hi there,

I am new to a relatively small Government entity. First time using PureCloud and i may be directing the question to the wrong area, however i have some questions;
    1. Does Purecloud have SMS/Text message functionality. I can see Phone, Callback, Chat, Email and Message, and I was hoping to Identify if the 'message' functionality is SMS/Text.
    2. My team are rather small and we are set up a 1 inbound queue. We do have a couple of internal queues we use. We do not currently use Outbound dialing campaigns, however we do manually outbound dial clients. When outbound dialing it is made from the queue we use. When using reporting functions, i cannot see any of the data as a collective to understand our AHT, ACW, Quantity etc. 
    Is there something we are missing.
    3. Queues - we are moving our 1 queue (we don't use any queue paths) into a 1 internal queue with 3 paths, directing and monitoring our call volumes through each channel. When in Architect, i was hoping to clone the current IVR routing and options (as this will all be new to myself) to update all our IVR recordings in a test environment. Is this possible to clone?
    4. Use of status - I use the "on queue" status to take calls. I am set up with "off queue, meeting, unavailable" and when the team send through exceptions for any off phone activity under the relevant status, they dont seem to match which provides me with inaccurate Adherence results. Is this normal?

Apologies for all the questions.

Luke
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Luke Humphries
    Coal LSL

• 2.  RE: Sms functionality

GENESYS
    Posted 05-21-2019 09:14
    #3 about cloning your flows.  You can export a flow from your current environment and import it into your test environment.  When importing the flow, it will likely have a bunch of validation errors because the queues, users, etc the flow uses don't exist in your test environment (even if you have an object with the same name it will have a different id).  You will need to resolve these errors before you can publish the flow in your test environment

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/import-export-call-flow/ ​

Melissa Bailey
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Sms functionality

GENESYS
    Posted 05-22-2019 10:57
    A few answers

For #1 PureCloud does support SMS. This is available with PureCloud 3. Further details on countries supported and rates is at https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/acd-messaging-pricing/ 

For #4 when you are mentioned Adherence it is adherence to their WFM Schedule, correct? Both the Real-time and Historical Adherence View should line up but I usually use the historical adherence view as it makes it easier to track - https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/navigate-historical-adherence-view/. There are some configurable options in the Management Unit so you may want to look at these.

​​

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Sms functionality

Posted 05-22-2019 22:53
    Isn't SMS dependent on your country?
    I heard that SMS functionality wasn't available in our country as there are no SMS broker agreements with Genesys in NZ.
    Are there alternatives?

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 5.  RE: Sms functionality

GENESYS
    Posted 05-23-2019 07:39

We do not currently support the ability to purchase SMS numbers to send/receive messages locally in NZ. You can send SMS to NZ numbers but it would be from a non NZ-number and and responses would be to this non-NZ number. 

There is an idea to add support for local brokers - https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLDIG-I-246. There was an update from PM last month. This is a relatively frequent topic of discussion in a number of countries. We are making some changing in SMS which are pre-requisites for adding local brokers. Once this has been completed then we will look at adding support for local SMS brokers.

Don Huovinen
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources