PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Voicemail question

Posted 06-20-2018 10:23
    Hi All,

I am drawing on experience with a different phone system.  But in the past, I had the option to use voicemail as a greeting only.  Mostly this was after an employee departed, we would play a greeting, then send the call to a coverage point.  And no messages were allowed to be left in the voicemail box.  Recently we had an employee take a leave of absence and the feature would have been really nice.

Is there something similar in Genesys (we are on 2018R2)?  I have just been removing departed employees, and sending the inbound calls to our main number for handling, but I would really like the option to play a greeting, but not allow messages. 

Is there a way to achieve this without creating a handler or using auto attendant?

Thanks, Nicole

------------------------------
    Nicole

• 2.  RE: Voicemail question
    Best Answer

Posted 06-20-2018 10:43
    Edited by Nicole Rastall 06-20-2018 16:45
    If you set the user to "No Mailbox" in client configuration and then record an out of office greeting for the user and enable it in client configuration, it should let you play that greeting while not allowing the caller to leave a voicemail.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Voicemail question

Posted 06-20-2018 14:12
    ​Thanks!  After the greeting is played, does the call disconnect?  Any way to have it cover to an operator, or another employee?

Nicole

• 4.  RE: Voicemail question

Posted 06-20-2018 14:28
    This method disconnects the call. Any of the forwarding options available in client configuration would bypass the out of office message.

Others may have methods to do what you want, but I haven't had to solve that specific issue myself.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: Voicemail question

Posted 06-20-2018 16:45
    ​I think I have figured out my answer.

Thank you!

Nicole

• 6.  RE: Voicemail question

GENESYS
    Posted 06-20-2018 17:02
    The best option that I can find to be reliable is to create a DNIS-based profile in Attendant (say, with a DNIS of 1000 or whatever will not interfere with your extension plan). 

Either set the user to Available, Forward to dial that number, or set their Call Coverage to forward all calls to that number. Set the Default Schedule menu to be whatever you want the caller to hear (such as, "The person you have called is no longer a member of our company" or "The person you have called is on a leave of absence" or whatever, plus "Please wait for the main menu/someone who can assist you") and have the default action be a transfer to the main menu or a queue or whatever. Turn off Fax listener, set repeats and seconds between repeats to 0 on the schedule. Remove the mailbox configuration from that user.

Sorry I can't think of a better solution.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources