PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  VM access from non-managed phones

Posted 04-18-2018 18:01
    I have a few non-managed phones (Grandstream DP750/DP720 cordless) configured as workstations.  Everything I need to work on these is working nicely.  Only thing I'm trying to address is voicemail access from the phone itself.  I can program a voicemail number/extension on these devices but I do not currently set the "Message Button" option in Server Config/Telephony Parameters/SIP as managed stations do not need this set for the messages button to call into the VM system.  So I have no "VM extension".

Only two things I came come up with are setting an extension for "Message Button" or defining a profile in Attendant that goes straight to Remote Access, and playing a greeting that says "enter extension and password".

Do I have any other options?  If not, would it be "bad" to define the "Message Button" given 97% of my devices are Polycom managed stations? 

Running 2018 R1 in case it matters.

• 2.  RE: VM access from non-managed phones

GENESYS
    Posted 04-19-2018 09:42
    In Interaction Administrator, in the Server Configuration container under "SIP telephony parameters" you will find the Voicemail Direct setting.

See the help:

https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_ia/desktop/ic_server/server_configuration/sip_telephony_parameters_reference.htm

Put in a unique number there (usually 4 digits). Assign that number to be dialed when someone presses the Messages button on a non-managed phone. That will route the call directly to the voicemail system.

------------------------------
    George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: VM access from non-managed phones

Posted 04-20-2018 07:55
    Should I be able to dial the voicemail direct number from a managed station and have it connect, or will it only work from non-managed stations? 

I don't have the unmanaged devices in my possession anymore (already deployed) so I can only test dialing the voicemail direct number from a managed station.  I set a 4 digit number and when I dial it form my polycom phone, it says it's not a valid extension.

Evan

• 4.  RE: VM access from non-managed phones

GENESYS
    Posted 04-27-2018 16:23
    Edited by George Ganahl 04-27-2018 16:23
    You should not be able to dial the "Voicemail Direct" number from any phone and have it connect. It should work in the background when you press the Message button on a Non-managed phone.

So, the only way you can test it is directly on a Non-managed phone.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: VM access from non-managed phones

GENESYS
    Posted 04-30-2018 08:44
    I had some more discussion with the developer who last worked on the Voicemail Direct functionality, and I think the Help is now wrong...

You should configure the number as the Message Button setting instead of the Voicemail Direct setting. Program all phones to call that number when the Messages or Voice Mail button is pressed on the phone. That should work.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources