Expand all | Collapse all

Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

• 1.  Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

GENESYS ADVISOR
    Posted 08-07-2018 08:17
    Edited by Matt Lawson 09-26-2018 09:09
    Announced on Removal begins
    July 25, 2018 October 31, 2018

On October 31, 2018, Genesys is removing the website-only method of web chat configuration. We recently released the deployment model that allows for web chat configuration from within the PureCloud admin interface. This new method is more efficient and provides new options and capabilities. We ask that customers begin using the new web chat deployments when configuring web chat on their website. We will discontinue development and support of the website-only configuration option for web chat on October 31, 2018. You can still use web chat when configured without web chat deployments until the end of life date on October 31, 2018.

FAQs

Am I affected?

This deprecation affects you if you already use the website-only method of web chat configuration. Between the announcement date and the removal of the feature, Genesys will no longer address bugs or minor issues specific to this configuration option. However; we will continue to resolve any major breakage until the end of life date. 

How can I prepare for this deprecation?

Configure web chat deployments within the PureCloud admin interface and then add the web chat deployment configuration to your website. For more information, see Add a web chat deployment.

Note: If you do not complete the deployment before October 31, 2018, web chat will no longer work.
    ------------------------------
    Paolo Galan
    Global Digital Team, Customer Success
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

GENESYS ADVISOR
    Posted 09-17-2018 09:11

Few updates on this.

How can I prepare for this deprecation?

1. Make sure that your role contains the Web Chat Deployment All permission. 
    2. Add a web chat deployment.
    3. Add the web chat deployment to your website. For more information, see Web chat in the Developer Center.
    4. After verifying that your web chat deployment works, enable web chat deployments. After you enable web chat deployments, any existing website-only web chat configurations no longer work. 
    Note: If you do not complete the web chat deployment configuration on your website before October 31, 2018, web chat will no longer work.

Can I still route chats to multiple queues when I use web chat deployments?

Yes. The deprecation does not affect queue configuration. 

Reply on this discussion for any questions or any help needed.

Paolo Galan
    Global Digital Team, Customer Success
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

GENESYS
    Posted 09-17-2018 09:57
    Check out this Resource Center article for the latest information about the deprecation:
    https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/deprecation-website-only-web-chat-configuration/

Jordan Robinson-Rucker
    PureCloud Technical Writer
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

GENESYS
    Posted 09-19-2018 10:06
    There are also discussions around this happening in the developer forum. https://developer.mypurecloud.com/forum/c/purecloud-web-chat

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

GENESYS
    Posted 10-30-2018 09:06
    We have extended the time of the deprecation to allow customers more time to switch over. October 24, 2018, Genesys changed the deprecation date from October 31, 2018 to December 5, 2018. On December 5th, the configuration will be deprecated at 4 in the morning local time for each region. This change does have the potential for breaking your ACD chat if you do not make the switch.

If you have technical reasons why you will not be able to make the switch by December 5th, work with your designated customer success manager or partner to let us know. You can also always just send me a message if you're having trouble.

The article has been updated with the new details: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration - PureCloud Resource Center

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 6.  RE: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

GENESYS
    Posted 11-26-2018 11:06
    We are still planning on finalizing the deprecation on December 5th, which is next Wednesday. Let me know if you have an issue with this.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

GENESYS
    Posted 12-05-2018 09:26
    On Dec 4, 2018, Genesys changed the deprecation date from December 5, 2018 to December 12, 2018. Let me know if you need more time.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 8.  RE: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

GENESYS
    Posted 12-12-2018 10:44
    Edited by Lucie DeCristofaro 12-12-2018 10:45
    This has been deprecated in all regions. If your chat is no longer working on your website, contact support.

• 9.  RE: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

Posted 12-12-2018 12:58
    Our Org followed the steps provided here we followed the steps provided well in advance of the depreciation (of the original scheduled date). Currently our when guest attempt to chat they receive the following error: We followed all the steps here: https://developer.mypurecloud.com/api/webchat/ and here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/deprecation-website-only-web-chat-configuration/

Currently chatting with support and they advised I submit this post as well.

Thank you,

Doug Kleinsasser
    Windows Systems Administrator
    Bookit Operating LLC

• 10.  RE: Deprecation: Website-only web chat configuration

GENESYS
    Posted 12-12-2018 14:13
    Thanks for letting me know. This is the error that shows up if the deployments are not configured correctly - we will work with you to see where we can help.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources