PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Handler Blind Transfer Fails

• 1.  Handler Blind Transfer Fails

Posted 05-25-2018 10:05
    Edited by Andrew Wooster 05-25-2018 10:17
    I wrote a custom handler that is triggered by a button press.  This is passed the user id of the agent who presses the button, I query their queue and find the active call and then have this set to a blind transfer.  I have tried in the blind transfer using someone's extension, a user queue, a workgroup queue and an external phone number but they all fail.  I turned the IP logging to verbose and see a warning stating "blind transfer failed (Ownership Access)".  What am I doing wrong here?

I wanted to update this question with what I am trying to accomplish.  We have a tier 2 team that will get transferred customer calls from agents.  Currently, the agents have to click transfer and then find the correct workgroup to transfer the call to.  I want to create a button that will transfer the customer automatically to the specified workgroup (I will have 3 buttons for 3 transfers to different workgroups).  After they click the button I want the customer to be transferred and have the original agent's status to go to available.

Thanks,
    Andrew

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 2.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails
    Best Answer

Posted 05-25-2018 10:18
    In your custom handler drop in a Set Call State tool step before the transfer. In the tool step set "True: Claim control of this call" to true and this should fix your issue. You are probably running into an issue that since the call is associated to a user queue the handler doesn't want to steal it away. I didn't test this so you may need to also mess with "Call should be moved to the system queue" and "cancel pending operations?" to get this to work.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails

Posted 05-25-2018 10:21
    You need to have the system gain control of the call from the user before you transfer the call.  Use the Set Call State tool.  Set "Call Should be Moved to the System Queue", "True: Claim control of this call", and "Cancel Pending Operations" all to true.

Steve Owen
    Avtex

• 4.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails

Posted 05-30-2018 11:12
    Now that the transfer is working I am running into an issue with skills.  I tried adding the "ACD Remove Interaction Skill" to remove the skill from the previous workgroup and then a "ACD Specify Interaction Skill" to add the appropriate skill but they are not working.  I tried putting both tool steps just before the "Blind Transfer" and also just after the transfer and neither worked.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 5.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails

Posted 05-30-2018 11:19
    I'm not 100% certain, but I don;t think the Blind Transfer will activate ACD.

Have you considered using ACDIntiateProcessing instead? I haven't tested it outside of CustomIVRWorkgroupQueue (and so also only with queues of type "Custom") but it's worth a shot...

• 6.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails

GENESYS
    Posted 05-30-2018 11:22
    Andrew, you'll need to do the Blind Transfer first to get it to the new Workgroup, then use the ACD tools to remove/add skills, then use the ACD Initiate Processing tool step to start the ACD functionality to choose an agent.

Is it an ACD queue type or a Custom queue type for the second workgroup?

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails

Posted 05-30-2018 12:07
    So far no luck with the ACD Initiate Processing.  Luckily, for my environment, the agents in the workgroup where the call will be transferred will have the original skill the call was assigned.  I was hoping to be able to add/remove the skill in the handler to make it more robust and flexible, but if there isn't a good way of doing that then we are fine with this setup.

We are basically wanting to give the agents a button to push to transfer their current call to our tier 2 team as that will make training easier.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 8.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails

Posted 05-30-2018 12:09
    The new workgroup is ACD.  I'll give it another try and see what happens.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 9.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails

GENESYS
    Posted 05-30-2018 12:29
    Try putting the Remove Skills/Add Skills functionality into the CustomACDInitiateProcessing handler. That is run for calls sent to an ACD workgroup. Hopefully I have the right customization point - I haven't set it up to verify.

George Ganahl
    Genesys

• 10.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails

Posted 05-30-2018 12:49
    That worked!  Since I don't want to add/remove these skills for every call that goes through the CustomACDInitiateProcessing handler, I set a custom attribute on the transferred call and then in the CustomACDInitiateProcessing handler I checked for that attribute and then setup another custom handler to assign/remove the necessary skills.

Since I will have about 5 buttons, I didn't want to have 5 custom handlers adding/removing the skills, so I set another attribute on the transferred call to signify where it would be going and then using a selection tool step, I assign/remove the skills based on this attribute.

Thanks,
    Andrew

Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 11.  RE: Handler Blind Transfer Fails

GENESYS
    Posted 05-30-2018 13:24
    Sounds good!

George Ganahl
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources