Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Zendesk screenpop

• 1.  Zendesk screenpop

Posted 06-16-2017 07:31

We have implemented Zendesk screepop to screepop a new ticket. Sadly, it automatically populated the "requester" as the agent; which is not a desired case.

Anyone know how we could set the "requestor" to be empty so that the Agent who answered the call could set it to the correct customer?

Thanks a million

Best Regards

MengYong

• 2.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 06-28-2017 15:25

Unfortunately, no. This is a limitation of the Zendesk ticket API, which fills in the requester as the user creating the ticket if a requester is not provided; the client accesses Zendesk's API's as the logged in user using the client. Note that this behavior is exactly the same as if a user were to select the "create new ticket" option directly in Zendesk; if they do not provide a requester then they are automatically set as the requester.

Requests for changes to the API behavior would need to be directed to Zendesk.

• 3.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 02-21-2019 04:09
    Hi everyone, 

I'm on the same situation, and Zendesk say to me when i ask, that it's a development feature to do on Genesys side !

I don't know how we can make it go forward, and how to make Genesys and Zendesk discuss.
    Is there a community or a beta of the Genesys Zendesk app ? because i see some updates on the app recently, so they are still working on it !

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 4.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 02-21-2019 11:28
    I presume you have followed the instructions in the Resource Center on how to pop a New Ticket:

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/screen-pop-in-purecloud-for-zendesk/

Note that when the PureCloud Zendesk integration pops a new ticket it uses the caller's phone number or email to search Zendesk and populate the requester automatically. The agent's name only gets entered as the requester when no match is found in Zendesk.

So, check your configuration, and check to make sure the data in Zendesk matches what is being passed from Architect for the lookup.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 02-21-2019 11:35

Sure i read this page and made different test.

And in fact it works great ... but like you said the default action on new ticket when the customer is not find, is to put the agent like the requester.

But i would prefer the default action like zendesk do : create a new end user with the phone number !
    And Zendesk say to me it's on the Genesys App ....

Can you help ?

Thanks for your reply ! 
    Matt

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 6.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 02-21-2019 11:45
    Richard Schott, who answered earlier, is the Product Manager for it.

If Zendesk has provided you a way to create a new end user with the phone number via the API, please pass that information along. Per Richard's statement above (and in the Ideas Lab), the Zendesk API does not currently allow for anything except using the Agent as the requester when no matching entry is found in Zendesk. 

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 02-25-2019 09:45
    @George Ganahl, @Richard Schott

Thank you for reply !

I'm in contact with Zendesk team for our project, and it's a real subject for us, so i forward to them you answer.

Here the Zendesk answer (Andrey Sarapulov | Zendesk) :

Andrey [2019-02-26]: It would help to see which API request is called and how it is structured? Without that I can just share general information about Zendesk-CTI integration.

a) This document is standard guide for Zendesk-CTI integration https://zendesk.app.box.com/v/cti-dev-guide Check the section called ""Create a new user profile in Zendesk Support with just the phone number ofthe caller"". It suggest one possible method to go about creating a user with the phone number.

b) Talk Partner API suggest using PUT /api/v2/channels/voice/tickets.json to create and display a ticket created from CTI. Including ""requester"" object with ""name"" and ""phone"" in such payload can create a new requester on the fly. Check and example below.
    {  ""display_to_agent"": 249881566,  ""ticket"": {    ""via_id"": 45,    ""subject"": ""My printer is on fire!"",    ""comment"": { ""body"": ""The smoke is very colorful."" },    ""priority"": ""low"",    ""requester"": {    ""name"": ""Mr New Caller"",    ""phone"": ""+64739204896298""    }  }}"

Could you please, answer to the question about the structure of the API used on the Cti App  ?

Thanks.
    Matthieu

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 8.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 02-26-2019 10:00

Matthieu,

At the moment, no we are not creating additional users with only a phone number.  It is something we can consider, although I guess I'd like to understand why that would be preferable to either creating the user using a data action from the IVR or having the agent actually complete user profile?  It would seem to me that having a bunch of empty contacts in the ticketing system would be more of a hinderance than being beneficial, and doing a simple report of tickets requested by individual users would identify who is not following the process of completing contact information prior to ending their calls.  

Please let me know if you have any feedback on that.

Thanks,
    Richard

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 9.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 02-26-2019 10:18
    Thank you Richard for your answer.

Different element of response :
    - Yes we can use data actions to create user during the IVR, and it's a quiet good idea if we don't have answer on the data action GET User !
    - The problem of create a ticket to a none existing user, is that the ticket is create with the Agent on 'Requester' and we can't change the requester of a ticket. so the ticket will stay on 'Agent' as the requester.

I will study the Workflow of creating the end user from a data action.

Thanks for your help.
    Matthieu

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 10.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 02-26-2019 10:27
      |   view attached

Matthieu, 

You certainly can change the requester of a ticket after it's been created.  See the attached pic.

Thanks,
    Richard

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 02-27-2019 05:58
    PERFECT ! 

I don't know why i don't see it before !
    Thanks a lot .

2 other question about the App : 
    - About the interaction attribute : the 'zendesk.*' time or duration, i don't understand exactly wich information is on it ? is it the duration of the call ? but why is it a 'zendesk' attribute ?
    - Could we hope on the futur to be able to manage the interaction attribute ? like to create one on Architect, and be able to use it on Zendesk to fill a field on zendesk ? (the purpose here is to push from purecloud, the waiting time of the client on the ticket.)

Thanks you.

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 12.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 02-27-2019 08:44

The time durations are all listed here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/interaction-attributes-in-purecloud-for-zendesk/

Zendesk.AfterCallTime All* Total time in seconds spent on wrap-up work, from the disconnection of the interaction to the completion of wrap-up work.
    Zendesk.CallDuration All* Total duration in seconds that an agent spends on an interaction, including wrap-up work.

Custom attributes can be mapped using:

Participant.{CustomFieldName} Call, callback, email, message, ACD voicemail Custom field name that is assigned by using Set Participant Data in an Architect flow. See Set Participant Data action.
    Chat Custom field name that is used in the chat widget.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 13.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 02-28-2019 08:56
    OK, thank you it seems to work !

i thaugt it doesn't, because it's not done at the ticket opening by the CTI, but by the webservice and on my test it takes around 3 minutes...
    as you can see on the event of the ticket.

and just to another question, can we push multiple attribute on the same field ? (don't take care of the example it's just to test).
    Like on the picture, there's only the reason code that is kept on the comment field, the others doesn't appear !

Thank you for your help.
    Matt

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 14.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 02-28-2019 09:33
    Unfortunately, I don't believe there's a mechanism to write multiple values to a single field.  Configuring the integration to do this would result in some potentially really strange behaviors (i.e. it's not deterministic which value would actually "win"; it would depend on which one was written last).

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 15.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 04-15-2019 23:14
    Hi Richard,

I come back to you on that question : 
    "i thaugt it doesn't, because it's not done at the ticket opening by the CTI, but by the webservice and on my test it takes around 3 minutes...
    as you can see on the event of the ticket."

I have made some other test, and there's really a 3 minute waiting between the ticket pop up, and the update of the ticket with the mapping of interaction attributes.
    I don't really understand why it's soooo long ? why is that not done at the ticket creation ?

Could you help me ?
    Thanks.
    Matt

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 16.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 04-16-2019 11:44
    We don't write to the ticket until 2 minutes after then end of the interaction (inclusive of wrap-ups).  That is done to avoid writing multiple ticket comments and to allow sufficient time for the agent to complete their notes on the interaction.  This is a standard behavior of our client and not something that is expected to change.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 17.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 04-16-2019 09:27
    Second Question of the day on PureCloud for Zendesk.

We are using ScreenPop to create a ticket to a EndUser based on Phone Number.
    So on Call Flow we using DataAction to search for the EndUser on Zendesk.
    If no EndUser is found, we are creating one like 'New Contact' and PhoneNumber.

But then we are pushing a new Ticket on the Agent CTI (like indicated here :https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/screen-pop-in-purecloud-for-zendesk/)
    I imagine that this ticket is done by default by searching the user by phone number.
    But between the CallFlow EndUser Creation and ZenDesk CTI Pop up, there's no enough time for zendesk to index this new enduser, and the ticket is not well attributed ...

Is there a way to push the ticket creation on CTI by indicating the EndUser ID and not the phone number ?

Thanks for help.

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 18.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 04-16-2019 11:47
    Another option you have is to create the ticket via a data action in the IVR, then use that to drive the screenpop behavior (providing the returned ticket ID as the screenpop value instead of using "new").  this will present the partially completed ticket to the agent, then allow them to finish working the ticket as normal.  This can be coupled with other integration capabilities in the IVR (like a LEX chat bot) to provide more self service capabilities in the call flow and have more rote tasks automated prior to delivering the call to an agent.  

Let me know if this helps.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 19.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 04-19-2019 09:47
    Thank you for all your answers.

One more question : 
    Can we on the options of the zendesk app, set the purecloud address (apps.mypurecloud.de) to set the Org automatically ? 
    Because, even with SSO activated, when we launch the app it request to set the org before giving access to SSO.

Thanks for help.
    Matt

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 20.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 04-19-2019 11:09
    Matthieu,

If I recall correctly, the org information should be retained after the first time you log in to the client.  At this time, there is not a configuration setting to define the org or SSO provider in Zendesk (similar to what we have in Salesforce).  We're currently taking a look at the overall configuration of the PureCloud for Zendesk app, trying to unify the location configuration is performed and use the attribute mapping location to provide a better overall user experience.  Once that is complete we can certainly look at adding this capability to the app.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 21.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 04-26-2019 10:09
    Thank you for the information.

Another thing, i have done a lot of test this week, and 'Attribute' mapping on Zendesk don't work each time, how can i debug and see why it is not working on a ticket ? 

Thanks for help.

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 22.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 04-26-2019 10:41

you would need the console logs from the browser. This will include information on the API call to Zendesk's Ticket API.

Also note that writing to tickets requires two things: 1. the agent must make a selection that the call log is related to a ticket, and 2. the agent keep their window open until the interaction deallocates (removes itself from the interaction list; this is 2 minutes after the end of the interaction or a wrap up code is assigned).

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 23.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 04-26-2019 11:00
    Oh Ok, 

so the update is done only if the agent stay on the ticket and the tab on zendesk open 2 minutes after the end of the call... arg !
    And there's no way to field some custom fields before that delay ? on creation for example ? 
    Because we would like to create ticket on CTI (not before) and with that delay, we lost all the call information !

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 24.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 04-26-2019 11:19
    no, that's not what I said.  They do not need to have the ticket open, they just can't close the zendesk app as a whole (which would close our client, which prevents our code that makes the api call from running).  They can close the ticket and move along to their next interaction with no adverse impact. 

The two minute time out is baked into the call logging logic and not something that can be altered.  This time out was actually chosen specifically to allow the agent to complete their notes within the call log so that it doesn't cut them off mid way through their notes.  This becomes extremely important with Zendesk when we're writing to ticket comments because ticket comments can't be edited after the fact, and may automatically initiate an email to the ticket requester.  Sending sentence fragments to the end customer is certainly not a desirable scenario.  This two minute delay is documented here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/interaction-logs/

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 25.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 05-21-2019 07:56
    Hi Richard,

Thank you for your help.
    We just go live yesterday, and from last week we started to have some issues around the information update and call logs.
    Could you help me with the chrome logs.
    I attach the logs, that's when i'm taking a call on purecloud for zendesk and then the error on update after the end of the call.

Could you help me on this ?

Thank you

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

Attachment(s)

• 26.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 05-21-2019 08:21
    First, that is the sort of thing that needs to go through our care organization as a support ticket.  Second, the error message in the logs is pretty clear that you're passing an invalid parameter to your ticket, and the zendesk API is failing the api call.  Assignee appears to be configured as a number field in zendesk, but your passing in a PureCloud user ID, which is a GUID (not an integer).  Fix your zendesk field or map zendesk.participantId to a different field that is a string.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 27.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 05-21-2019 11:02
    Ok, but in fact, i don't send any thing.
    Zendesk.ParticipantId  is an attribute that is given on purecloud help page.
    and Assignee field is a default field on Zendesk.

And it works before the 15/05 ... does the last update could have done something on that ?

Ok, i will ask our Genesys Engineer to open a ticket.

Matt

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 28.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 05-21-2019 11:36
    I don't see how that ever would have worked with the mapping you showed above.  Assignee is a numeric field in Zendesk; it requires an integer as part of its field validation.  You are sending it a GUID, which needs to be handled as a string.  Your configuration shown above will not work, and needs to be fixed.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 29.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 05-21-2019 11:48
    I don't understand.
    In fact the Zendesk.ParticipantId is an attribute that come from https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/interaction-attributes-in-purecloud-for-zendesk/

And for me the 'Zendesk' prefix just significate that it is the Zendesk Agent ParticipantId !

It is not that ?

Matthieu Frys
    Lyreco Management

• 30.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

GENESYS
    Posted 05-21-2019 12:45
    No, it is not the ID of the Zendesk user, it is the PureCloud user ID.

Richard Schott
    Genesys - Employees

• 31.  RE: Zendesk screenpop

Posted 07-23-2021 11:30
    Hi George
    Please would you help me indicating how work the connector in outbound campaigns, each interaction of the campaign open a new ticket in Zendesk? what happen with the schedule callbacks by rules and the tickets in zendesk?

Gladys Galabay
    High Telecommunications Sociedad de Telecomunicaciones Cia. Ltda.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources