Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Time displaying on interactions is off

Posted 04-23-2019 16:24
    ​Hi,

I am noticing the time on my interactions is now showing a completely different time. We are in EST and it is 4:22 but interactions are showing 8:22PM

Is this going to effect my operating hours? Does anyone know how to fix this?
    #Reporting/Analytics

------------------------------
    Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 2.  RE: Time displaying on interactions is off

GENESYS
    Posted 04-23-2019 16:38
    It sounds like for some reason your calls are showing up as GMT (since EST is GMT - 4 hours).

I can't replicate it here in Indianapolis. 

Are you on PureCloud Voice? 

The Schedules have a Time Zone setting, so as long as that is set for EST you should be fine. Everything is done based on an offset from GMT anyhow.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Time displaying on interactions is off

Posted 04-24-2019 08:58
    Thanks again George. You are always so quick with your response! It is weird because this morning the time is now just 1hour off. Very odd. My schedule is set to EST so I think we are all set there but the time change is a little annoying. I will put in a support ticket to see if there is a way to update my org settings. ​

Julie Green

• 4.  RE: Time displaying on interactions is off

GENESYS
    Posted 04-24-2019 09:16
    Hi, Julie,

I played with a lot of settings, and the only thing I can find that affects the time displayed for interactions in the Performance > Interactions view is the local time zone on my computer. 

For example, I changed the time zone on my desktop from EST to Hawaii (UTC -10), refreshed in the Interactions view, and now all my calls show as 03:10 and after rather than my true local time of 09:10.

So, check the date/time settings on the computers you are running the PureCloud UI on and make sure they are set to EST (which, with automatic DST turned on, really means UTC -4 right now).

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 5.  RE: Time displaying on interactions is off

Posted 04-24-2019 10:14
    I'm noticing this too!!  I thought that the times that show in the interactions view was based on whatever the time is on my computer.  But I noticed today that it appears to be off by 3 hours...​

This is really challenging when I'm trying to determine what the local time for a call center is - as I'm already time zone challenged enough when I have to do the math for different geographical locations, but to throw in another calculation in the mix - YOWZA.

If you're saying the time in the interactions panel should reflect the time that is on my computer, then I will open up a support ticket.

Brenda
    Implementing PureCloud, eMite, and VOCI

• 6.  RE: Time displaying on interactions is off

Posted 04-24-2019 11:21
    Interesting. Well at least it isn't just us. My time on my computer is EST so that isn't effecting the time in PureCloud. I do see that it has my location in Central Time Zone which would be consistent with today's time difference. I am putting in a ticket as well.​

Julie Green

• 7.  RE: Time displaying on interactions is off

Posted 04-24-2019 11:36
    ​My view is now correct, and the times displayed in the Interactions screen are the same time zone as me.

Brenda
    Implementing PureCloud, eMite, and VOCI

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources