PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Custom handler Play audio issue.

• 1.  Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-06-2018 14:02
    I have build a custom handler that is initiated by a button that an agent press, should a borrower request to speak to a Spanish speaking agent. This handler checks the Spanish Workgroup Queue and if there is an available agent, transfers the call. If there are no agents available it plays a message asking if they want to try again later or press 1 to return to the agent they were speaking with.

The transfer portion of the handler is working great. If there is agent available the call gets transfer without issue. My problem is if there is no agent available i am unable to get the message to play or collect the digits from the call to route back to the agent.

The flow is as follows:
     button pressed
     Call Placed on Hold
     Queue static's pulled
    Available agent condition check

If no agents available  I am using the Play audio file step  followed by the Get Key function. Neither of them work and i think this is because i have the call on hold, but i can't seem to find another function that will put the call on hold on the agents Queue to play that message and if they press 1 take the call off hold.  If they don't press anything i have it timeout to hang up, which works as that is what is happening currently.

Any pointers or assistance would be greatly appreciated, we are running 2018 R3 Patch 4
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-06-2018 14:45
    Since you can't play audio or collect digits, my first assumption would be to check that you are targeting the correct call ID with those tool steps.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-07-2018 10:12
    You are going to need to change your call flow in order to get this to work properly.

button pressed
    Queue static's pulled 
    Available agent condition check
    Transfer to Queue if available Agent.
    If no available agent transfer to the system Queue (Take control of the interaction).
    Play Audio,
    Get Digits
    Digits Gathered.
    Wait Timeout/Disconnect
    if Digits transfer back to original agent.

You cannot play messages to calls on another station queue. 

Jim Barber
    Certified Languages Int'l and Translation

• 4.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-07-2018 10:38
    Thanks Jim. I had tried that but when i use the System Transfer Step, it transfers the call back to the last IVR menu the call had hit and does not move to Play Audio Prompt. If this is the way to do it, i will review logs to see why it is being sent back to that menu.

Scott Williams

• 5.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-07-2018 10:32
    It sounds like the call is not in the correct state to be able to play the files to the caller. You should just need to use a "set Call State" tool step in your custom handler and set Claim Control of the call to true. You may also need to move the call to the system queue but that will get more complicated if the call needs to come back to the agent. Lastly you may need to take the call off hold as well before you try to play the prompt. You are going to need to do a lot of testing specifically in the ACD reporting area to make sure you are not messing up ACD statistics with this customization.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 6.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-07-2018 10:45
    Correct, i found out my original problem was the call on hold. I have it working by using the MUTE option, but that is only muting the audio from the Agent side..Not a big deal, but not how i had envisioned this working.

When using the System Transfer Step, what handler or how does it determine where to transfer it. Currently when using that step it transfers the call back to the last IVR menu it was in. I though this was caused by the IntATT_KeyPath setting, but i have that setting cleared and it is still transferring it back to the last menu.

I do apologize for my lack of knowledge in handlers, I have not taken the Handler class yet, but will be taking it this next year (2019)

Scott Williams

• 7.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-07-2018 10:53
    Scott,

I believe the tool step you are looking for is the blind transfer tool step. Then you simply put in the extension for the Spanish queue, or you can write out the queue name but it has to be fully qualified, for example "Workgroup Queue:SpanishQueue". You should be building all of this logic so it acts upon the call while it is in the user's queue, if you transfer the call away from the agent queue to do your logic then you are going to have a hard time getting it back to the initial agent as well as you run the risk of the agent getting a new ACD interaction.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 8.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-07-2018 13:28
    OK, dumb question (from me) time.....

Why are you not prompting the caller in the IVR to determine the need for a Spanish-speaking agent and doing all your logic "up front" in Attendant?

Just curious!

• 9.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-07-2018 14:38
    Edited by Scott Williams 12-07-2018 14:41
    Hi Paul,

Business Unit has made the decision that all calls will come into 1 Inbound Queue and does not want the call transferred to Spanish queue unless there is an agent available to take the call.

So i currently have an IVR profile that does the check and lets the agent know if there are any Spanish agents available and if there is will connect the 2 agents together for a consult transfer. if no agents are available the agents will hear a message at which time they will go back to the caller let them know no Spanish agents available and ask if they want to continue in English.

They are now saying these calls are too time consuming and bad customer service as we are trying to communicate in english when the caller speaks very little. So they have asked  if there is anything else we can do to provide better customer service and speed up the call flow.

My first though was to do this in the IVR, but i saw no way to get that call back to the original agent if they decide they want to proceed in English. The other problem i ran into is Flow-Outs, if we do transfer that call to the IVR profile, in the Inbound Queue will show flow-outs and if the caller decides to call back later, we do not show where that call was flown out too. We are obligated to show where all flow-out calls go.

Because of this i thought a Custom Button would be a good approach. Much Like a Secure Input where the agent presses a button and it sends them to a handler that plays a message and collects data and then has the call go back to the agent if they decide they want to continue. The problem is we do not use Secure Input and do not have the option to enable it so i am trying to build a handler to mimic it. Thought this is proving to be more difficult then i original thought.....

Thank you,

Scott Williams

• 10.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-10-2018 09:59
    Scott,

Starting with 2017 R1 there is a new IVR exception report you can enable. The report will track flow-ins and flow-outs in your queue. This may fix your issue with not being able to tell where a call goes when it flows out. More info can be found here: https://help.genesys.com/cic/mergedProjects/wh_rn/desktop/reporting__acd_exceptions.htm

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 11.  RE: Custom handler Play audio issue.

Posted 12-10-2018 10:09
    I have a similar situation, the solution may not appeal, but it works the same.

We have a Finnish inbound line but only two Finnish speakers. We check first in the ACD to determine if we have available agents in the Finnish Group, if we have, the call goes there, if we do not, we offer the option to speak to an English speaker. If they agree, it goes to English queue, if not they get the option to set a callback that is routed to the Finnish team. In our case, calls are not very common on this line, so the callbacks can usually be fitted in without an issue.

On a previous version of this, on the second part, we did not offer the option of a callback, simply advised we were going to transfer to an English speaker. We set a CustomAttribute before the message played, so if the call was abandoned in the ACD, we knew where it was abandoned, so could report on abandoned at the point they were offered English only.

Philip Last
    Arvato Limited

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources