PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Interaction Dialer - initial calls per agent issue

Posted 10-20-2018 07:52
    Dear All,

Has someone faced a problem before with initial calls per agent with power dialing mode as I can see dialer didn't respect no of initial calls per agent as I set no of initial calls per agent  = 1 & max line per campaign = 3 & Abandoned setting is set to Not Adjusted  

If I have 2 active agents, the system should initiate 1 call for each agent (total should be 2 active calls) but I can see 3 calls active calls as below.

We're using Release 2018R3.

Appreciate your advice.
    Call Activity
    Thanks in Advance.

------------------------------
    Youssef Atef
    Advanced Technology Solutions Int

• 2.  RE: Interaction Dialer - initial calls per agent issue

Posted 10-22-2018 08:27
    Youssef

I was in the same boat, I found this in the help section of IA and with help with support they gave me this information about this setting:

Initial Calls per Agent

This setting affects the number of calls that will be placed when an agent goes idle. Dialer uses this value when a campaign is started or reset to determine the number of calls to place on a prediction or agent idle request until contact rate information becomes available. The valid range of values is any integer between 1 and 100. The default is 3.

This setting is only used during startup or reset of the campaign.

Sheldon Breading-Goodrich
    Financial Engines, Inc.

• 3.  RE: Interaction Dialer - initial calls per agent issue

Posted 10-22-2018 09:33
    Power and predictive campaigns will both try their best to get calls connected to agents. They do this by analyzing the connection rate and figure out how many calls need to be placed per agent to have a call connect. In other words lets say you have a connect rate of 25% meaning that you need to place 4 calls to get 1 call to actually answer. When an agent becomes available in power the system will then attempt to place 4 calls assuming that 3 won't pick up (Assuming max lines is set in a way to allow that many calls to go out). If you only want 1 call going out at a time you can switch to preview and then the calls will only go out as fast as the agent can make them. Granted with agentless you will run into the scenario where the agents can sit on the preview pop and not click the make call button, you can force them to dial it after x seconds as well if you prefer.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources