Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

• 1.  Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

GENESYS
    Posted 02-08-2019 22:40

It has recently come to my attention that there is a lack of clarity around how PureCloud handles spam emails. It is also clear that sometimes, emails are incorrectly labeled as spam and you want greater control over how spam emails are handled.

I want to make sure that I let everyone here know how PureCloud handles spam and virus emails today, what are our near term and longer term plans and allow opportunity to ask questions or provide feedback or comments.

Today

From a technology standpoint, PureCloud leverages Amazon SES to receive and send emails. Amazon SES has various measures in place to detect spam emails and also to detect emails that may contain viruses.
    Spam handling: Today, PureCloud receives the spam verdict from Amazon and if the spam verdict indicates that the email is spam, PureCloud disconnects the email. The email is never delivered to an agent.
    Virus handling: PureCloud doesn't let emails that may contain viruses through to agents as well. This is based on the information we receive from Amazon. We don't plan to change that at the present time.

Short term updates

• We are taking steps to include this information in our documentation. 
    • We recently provided a fix that helped ensure that spam emails are visible in some of our supervisor dashboards and views.
    • There is still one fix remaining to ensure spam emails are included in all the supervisor dashboards and views or interaction timelines.

Longer term updates

We are working through a design that would allow you greater control around spam emails. We have thought about providing an option on the email configuration screen around how you want emails marked as spam handled. Do you want to allow them to be routed? Do you want to disconnect them automatically? Then within email flows, we considered providing the spam verdict so that you can make decision on which spam emails to let through and which spam emails you don't want to let through. We've also talked about improved reporting around spam emails - any thoughts around what may be helpful would be appreciated.

Please let us know if you have any comments or feedback.

Thanks,
    Lucie

#DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

Posted 02-11-2019 08:03
    I think that you should allow them to be routed and then the admin/supervisor can determine if they are spam. We have a client that has not had mail delivered since November because AWS now thinks it is spam and it is not, the subject of the email has not changed since the beginning, but apparently AWS spam determination has. At this point, our customer has not been able to use the system the way they need to because of this. It is causing a lot off issues. If the spam marker was on the admin side, that would be more practical. - in my opinion.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 3.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

GENESYS
    Posted 03-01-2019 08:28
    Thanks for the feedback, Angelia. That is what we are working through - allowing customers to choose whether they want to have PureCloud disconnect all emails that AWS considers spam or whether they should be let through and then within an email flow you can determine how they should be handled. Perhaps within an email flow, you could look for specific subject and then let those emails through, but ultimately it's up to you as the customer to determine how you want to handle these emails.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 4.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

Posted 03-01-2019 08:59
    Thank you, @Lucie DeCristofaro our customer is in a bit of a bind because they have not been able to get their emails since November now. ​

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 5.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

Posted 02-27-2019 05:55

Hi, 

When you say "We recently provided a fix that helped ensure that spam emails are visible in some of our supervisor dashboards and views." What dashboard are you talking about ? Is there a simple way to see every interactions that got marked as spam ?

Were you able to provide the third fix you mentionned ? Are there still flagged interactions that are not visible at all ?

When can we expect the longer term updates ? Our organization has a lot of major issues with legitimate inteactions getting flagged as spam, it's becoming unmanageable.

Best,

Lucas

Lucas Pahlisch
    Publishing Factory SA

• 6.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

GENESYS
    Posted 03-05-2019 09:29
    Hi Lucas,

The emails marked as spam should be visible in most analytics views and reports where you would see historical interactions at a high level. One place that is outstanding is the interaction details view where you can see the email transcript for a specific email. We are working on a fix for the email transcript issue. Today, if you have an email thread going back and forth 5 times and one of those emails was marked as spam, the one email will not be visible.

We are working through the design for the longer term updates. I'm hoping to have something in Q2.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 7.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

Posted 03-12-2019 11:23
    Hi!

I think the best solution would be to allow us, to choose how we want to see the "spam" emails, and let us determine if a certain type of emails should be directed to a specific queue to an agent. Also, we have already tried the fix you provided, were you can see the spam email in some supervisor dashboards, but we have some questions about it: once we find the spam email in the dashboard, is there a way to send it to the correct queue?

I mean, is there any way for it to never go to spam queue again? Now that we know this type of email is marked as "spam". Or after detecting it, is there a way to send it to a specific agent or redirect it to the correct queue? Is there something else we can do, now that we found this email as spam?

Kind regards,

Daniela Zárate

Daniela Zarate
    Molinos Azteca S.A. de C.V.

• 8.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

GENESYS
    Posted 04-01-2019 14:14
    Edited by Pablo Bertrand 04-01-2019 14:16
    I am sharing this simple workaround that will assist to easily identify email interactions not routed to Agents (considered SPAM) and allow an action to be taken accordingly.

1. Go to Performance > Interactions > Email
    2. Select the range of dates you want to check.
    3. Click on Filters.
    4. Select "Custom Duration" and Change the default 30 min to "Below 1 second".
    5. Apply. The UI will show you all the email interactions that were NOT delivered to the agents in the selected range of dates. (Notice that you will see that no queue was chosen to deliver these interactions.)
    6. Click on the interactions to check the email content to see if this is really a SPAM mail.

If it is not SPAM, manual actions should be taken in these cases.

Recommendation:  Copy the content from the original email into a NEW outbound email using plain text.  This will eliminate some of the potentially rogue elements.  Look for any visible items that could have caused it to be classified as SPAM initially.   Removing these elements will prevent it from being filtered when the customer reply comes back.

• 9.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

Posted 04-02-2019 14:00
    Just checked our inbox using the workaround described and what-do-you-know, we have emails incorrectly classified as SPAM.
    Besides offering more information for the supervisors to create awareness that SPAM has been received, we would need the ability to whitelist legitimate domains, so that these bypass the filters going forward.

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 10.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

GENESYS
    Posted 04-02-2019 14:18

Thank you @Pablo Bertrand for the reporting instructions.

On Genesys side, we have effort underway to allow customers to control how spam emails are handled. We are estimating completing it in this quarter. We are tracking the effort under this idea - you can subscribe or comment and receive updates there. https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-497

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 11.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

Posted 05-30-2019 10:14
    Is there any update on CLINB-I-497? We are seeing increased amounts of legitimate emails being picked up as spam and it is very painful that we cannot decide to allow these to qo to the queue as we would automatically processed emails.

Braiden Woodward
    Foehn Ltd.

• 12.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

GENESYS
    Posted 05-30-2019 12:08
    We are finalizing the functionality and automation tests and plan to release it before end of June. Tentatively planning on June 19th.

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 13.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

GENESYS
    Posted 06-07-2019 20:07
    Edited by Lucie DeCristofaro 06-10-2019 07:00
    This functionality is now available in beta. If you'd like it enabled, please reach out to me by sending a message or emailing me at lucie.decristofaro@genesys.com along with details about your PureCloud organization - org ID and region https://help.mypurecloud.com/faq/how-do-i-find-my-organization-id/.
    You can also track progress here: https://genesys.aha.io/ideas/CLINB-I-497

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

• 14.  RE: Announcement: PureCloud and spam emails

GENESYS
    Posted 06-19-2019 17:30
    This functionality is now available to all customers. See release notes here: https://help.mypurecloud.com/releasenote/june-19-2019/

Lucie DeCristofaro
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources