Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Polycom Phone firmware update

• 1.  Polycom Phone firmware update

Posted 07-10-2018 07:37
    Hi All,

We have a few customers using Polycom handsets and the Edge devices provide the firmware to the handsets when they boot up.  However this firmware is very out of date.  Does anyone know how to change this on the Edge devices?

Thanks Luke​

------------------------------
    Luke Mitchell
    G3 Comms Ltd

• 2.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

GENESYS ADVISOR
    Posted 07-10-2018 09:45
    Hi Luke,

This should automatically be updated when rebooted.

How do I update the firmware version for a phone? - PureCloud Resource Center
    PureCloud Resource Center remove preview
    How do I update the firmware version for a phone? - PureCloud Resource Center
    When a phone is provisioned or rebooted, PureCloud automatically updates the phone to [More]
    View this on PureCloud Resource Center >

You can also try rebooting from the panel.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/get-details-phone-information-panel/

Ruzelle Zaldivar
    Global Digital Team, Customer Success
    Genesys - Employees

• 3.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

Posted 07-11-2018 05:56
    ​Hi Ruzelle,

I have tried manually rebooting with no change, firmware is not upgraded from 5.5.3.  Also reboot from the panel does not do anything... the phone just sits there.

It seems that on the Edge device only firmware 5.5.3 is available which is what I want to change, do you know how to achieve this?

Thanks Luke

Luke Mitchell
    G3 Comms Ltd

• 4.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

GENESYS ADVISOR
    Posted 07-16-2018 09:41
    Hello Luke,

You may want to check this Manually Updating Edge Server article. This should also trigger an update on the phones firmware.
    However I suggest that you reach out to Customer Care before doing this as seems to be an issue with the latest one.

Paolo Galan
    Global Digital Team, Customer Success
    Genesys - Employees

• 5.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

Posted 07-16-2018 10:11
    ​Hi Paolo,

Thanks, the Edge is up to date, I have a case open with Genesys as I cannot get an answer for this

Thanks Luke

Luke Mitchell
    G3 Comms Ltd

• 6.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2018 10:18
    Luke,

How do you have the provisioning server set up on those phones? Are you using DHCP and Option 160?

Are you using http://[ip address of edge]:8088 for the provisioning server address? Or port :8089 instead?

Once in a while I find that the Polycom phones have a version of firmware that needs to be updated to an intermediary version before they can go to the latest. What version of firmware and what model of phone do you have?

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 7.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

Posted 07-17-2018 07:43
    ​Hi,

We are provisioning the phones from the Edge, so they are using http to the Edge.  On initial provision the phones receive firmware 5.5.3 from the Edge (Polycom VVX 301 handsets).  This is very out of date so we require to change which version the Edge is providing but cannot find out how?

Thanks

Luke Mitchell
    G3 Comms Ltd

• 8.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

Posted 07-18-2018 01:12
    I confirm, we see the same thing here. Our Polycom VVX201 have the same old firmware but Edge servers are up to date.

Mathieu Poulain
    AXA General Insurance Japan Limited.

• 9.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

Posted 08-13-2018 11:20
    Any news on this? The firmware that is pushed by the edges is out of support by Polycom and we don't have any way of updating the edges to push current firmware from Polycom to our phones.

Also, we are using the Polycom Trio 8500 phones, but the edges allow to select only the 8800 model. Any idea when the Trio 8500 will be supported? We currently have to set them up as Generic SIP, not ideal.

Thanks,
    Sven

• 10.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

GENESYS
    Posted 08-13-2018 15:36
    Basically, the 5.5.3 is the latest version that has been put into the Edge packages by Genesys, and thus is the most recent firmware supported.

I will ask some folks for more info as to why.

George Ganahl
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 11.  RE: Polycom Phone firmware update

Posted 08-22-2018 09:36
    Setting up support for the Trio 8500 should be as easy as copy/paste the Trio 8800 setup. They are mostly the same (firmware, basic settings), except for the addl. features such as bluetooth, WiFi, etc. that the edge wouldn't configure anyways.

Kind regards,
    Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources