PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Recording is encumbered and cannot be accessed.

Posted 03-19-2019 17:44
    ​I have an issue. I have a receptionist who does not have a recorder license tied to her. The receptionist transferred the call to a user that does have a recorder license. The recording is showing in Interaction Recorder "recording is encumbered and cannot be accessed". Is there a way to get the side that was transferred?
    #Unsure/Other

------------------------------
    Elyse Gritsonis
    Johnson Financial Group

• 2.  RE: Recording is encumbered and cannot be accessed.

Posted 03-19-2019 17:58
    Open a ticket with Support. They should be able to access it for you.

• 3.  RE: Recording is encumbered and cannot be accessed.

Posted 03-19-2019 21:54
    Elyse,

I agree with Paul's assessment.  Support is the only way to play the recording.  That said, if you envision this being an issue in the future and you don't want to consider purchasing a Recorder license for your receptionist, you could consider enabling the Interaction Recorder option Stop Interaction Recorder initiated recordings on transfer.  This will serve to make each leg of the call a new recording, and will re-evaluate the license status at each transfer. 

In your example above, the receptionist's leg of the call would be encumbered, and the second leg would be playable.

Also, the larger question (which will likely be asked by Support when you open a case) is why the Receptionist is in a group/role that is recorded if they don't have a license?  Perhaps a review of your initiation policies might be in order too.

Hope that helps!

Blayne Mathieu
    Technical Account Manager
    Altivon

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources