PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  How to Block inbound calls from a specific number

Posted 10-18-2018 16:52
    Good afternoon community,

We have been having a high dropout rate for one of our Inbound Campaigns. We started to see what caused this and we detected a specific number. Is there a native tool that can reject these calls or do I have to modify the attendant profile?
    We are using a 2017 R4 platform.

Thank you in advance for your help and the attention given

------------------------------
    Juan Pizarro
    Global Networks Solutions S.A.

• 2.  RE: How to Block inbound calls from a specific number

Posted 10-18-2018 17:15
    You could create a new inbound profile that looks for your existing inbound profile's DNIS and your troublesome ANI (since attendant will use this as an AND operator) and then add whatever you want (a disconnect, an error .wav file) into that attendant profile to divert off that call.

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 3.  RE: How to Block inbound calls from a specific number

Posted 10-19-2018 07:13

The ANI idea is great, however when the caller withheld their number (as the can in Europe) the calls will come straight through again as there is no ANI you can't block the caller, just be aware that they will do this after a few attempts.

If the caller is harassing you provide the callers details to your telecom provider who can block them or tell you what telecom provider they are with and then file a complaint with the telecoms provider the user is on for harassment, that usually will work better.

Ruud

Telecom Services Manager

Open for chance due to redundancy per 1/2/2019

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer.

Any suggestions or programming changes suggested by me come without warranty and you should only try at your own risk understanding them.

Ruud Reinold
    Telecommunications Services ManagerCapquest Group Ltd
    Office and fax: 03339998111 Mobile: 07702883881
    Email: rreinold@capquest.co.uk
    Templer, Templer AvenueFarnboroughGU14 6FE.

Capquest is part of Arrow Global Group Plc. For more information visit www.arrowglobal.net
    This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee, is strictly confidential and may also be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee please do not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on it or any attachments. Instead, please email it back to the sender and then immediately and permanently delete it. E-mail communications cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information could be intercepted, corrupted, amended, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. We do not accept liability for any such matters or their consequences. Anyone who communicates with us by e-mail is taken to accept the risks in doing so. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this e-mail and any attachments are solely those of the author and do not represent those of Capquest Group Limited or any of its subsidiaries unless otherwise stated. Capquest Group Limited is registered in England and Wales. Number 4936030. Registered office Belvedere, 12 Booth Street, Manchester, M2 4AW. Capquest Debt Recovery Limited and Capquest Mortgage Services Limited are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for accounts formed under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (amended 2006). Capquest Debt Recovery is a member of the Credit Services Association. Capquest Group Limited and its subsidiaries are part of Arrow Global Group Plc (registered number 08649661). This communication is from the company named in the sender's details above.

• 4.  RE: How to Block inbound calls from a specific number

Posted 10-19-2018 12:08
    Another possible solution is to add a node (database query) in Attendant and you will create a table in DB that you can use to check against.
    This solution can be keep in place and you can add numbers as you need to via Interaction Dialer (Contact List) if you have that feature on.
    You can create a node under a profile but you have to repeat every time that you need, or you can create a profile with a node that checks the blocked numbers and call it every time that you need (this is cleaner to maintain).

you can add a node to attendant to check a list of blocked numbers

Daniel Martinez
    Prog Leasing, LLC

• 5.  RE: How to Block inbound calls from a specific number

Posted 10-22-2018 09:09
    I often find it best to block inbound calls by ANI using a handler customization instead of in attendant. The reason for this is the DID/DNIS table is checked before attendant is checked. So if you block the call in attendant but the caller figures out a DID they can call they will be able to continue to call you. This is why I write a basic handler customization to CustomIncomingCall which will check an IA table and if the ANI is in the IA table then we play a ringback wav file so to the caller it appears we never picked up. You can get more creative and play a SIT tone or move the customization up to CustomAnswer and never actually answer the call, the benefit to this is the caller will get "real" ring back instead of simulated ring back from the wav file playing.

As others have mentioned no matter what if the caller is changing their ANI or calling in as blocked/unknown there isn't really much you can do other than call you telephone provider and see if they can get more info as to where these calls are coming from.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources