View Only
Discussion Thread View
Expand all | Collapse all

Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

• 1.  Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

GENESYS
    Posted 01-30-2019 08:56
    Hi All,

I tried to implement solution described: Documentation:GWC:Deployment:GWCRM:Current - Genesys Documentation

Configuration I did:
    Crated Media Origin: genesys-chat : Annex: rich-media-types: Quick Replies (also tried quick-replies)
    Crated a Standard Response in eService Manager as structured message where:
    Media Origin: genesys-chat and Type: Quick Replies
    And JSON Part:  JSON message described in the documentation

When chat established between WDE Agent and Live Chat (version: 9.0.007.09) Widget, tried to send message as standard response from WDE.
    But, that appears in Widgets as plain text and not as rendered quick replies.

I also tried to send Quick Replies JSON object as a message from WDE. Both, cases that appears no rendered format in Chat Widgets.

Can Anyone help me how to send Quick Replies Standard response from WDE to Widgets Live Chat to be rendered as Rich Messages?

Thanks
    Bela
    #DigitalChannels

------------------------------
    Bela Mako
    Genesys - Employees

• 2.  RE: Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

Posted 02-04-2019 16:11
    Also I made same attempts but unfortunately without results.

I opened a similar discussion   (https://community.genesys.com/communities/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=13&MessageKey=a91cc862-79ef-419c-9076-2982f6d74acd&CommunityKey=04e76a4a-2a03-4059-ab66-82e058125372&tab=digestviewer)    but I did not have much luck for the moment.

Thanks. 
    Riccardo

Riccardo Paoli
    NTT Data Italia S.p.A.

• 3.  RE: Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

Posted 02-05-2019 04:46
    The same applies to us: same problem! Just plain text showed. We're not able to show quick reply using standard responses from WDE.
    So, we're three with the same problem!

Regards

Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 4.  RE: Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

GENESYS
    Posted 02-06-2019 15:21
    What version of WDE are you all using?  I feel like either WDE or a WDE plug-in would need to be in place that is able to distinguish rich message standard responses from regular standard responses, so that is can craft the Chat API message in the proper way.  Otherwise, WDE is going to assume a standard response is a standard response and send it as text, which sounds like what is going on.

Jim Crespino
    Director, Developer Enablement
    Genesys
    https://developer.genesys.com

• 5.  RE: Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

GENESYS
    Posted 02-07-2019 10:32
    I have an update after doing some investigation...

Genesys Widgets does indeed support Rich Messaging, assuming you have the appropriate version of the Widgets.  And Rich Messages are defined as Standard Responses, as per the documentation.

However, it was not made clear in the documentation that Rich Messaging is only supported by certain media channels in WDE.  Those include Apple Business Chat, LINE, and WhatsApp.  WDE does not support Rich Messaging for native Genesys chat.  So when you select a Rich Message standard response, WDE simply sends the JSON as plain text.

Rich Messaging will eventually be made available in Workspace Web Edition 9.0, but there are no plans at this time to bring it to WDE 8.5.

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

Posted 02-09-2019 07:48
    Hello Jim,
    thanks for your answer. According to your post, it seems to me that the only way to send Rich Messaging (RM) on native Genesys chat channel should be through a chatbot, probably written using BOT Gateway and GIA. Am I right? Could you confirm us that this should be supported? Otherwise, I don't understand why Genesys Widgets supports RM if no other "endpoints" can send a message in this way...
    Furthermore, is there a way to send RM using also PSDK?
    And, finally, how a chat that uses RM is showed within WDE contact history? Can I see the RM rendered properly or I still see the json plain text? Do I have to use some specific plugin for this?

Thanks for your help.
    Best regards

Giuliano Ferri
    Indra Italia spa

• 7.  RE: Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

GENESYS
    Posted 02-11-2019 14:38
    Giuliano,

In regards Genesys Widgets, the only component today that is capable of sending Rich Messages over a chat conversation is a Bot Gateway plug-in, including the GIA bot gateway plug-in.  This ability will be brought to agents in 
    Workspace Web Edition 9.0 at some point, but I have not been provided a firm date.  

There are other media channels where agents, using WDE, can send Rich Messages selected from standard response.  Those channels include Apple Business Chat, Facebook, and WhatsApp.  The agent is send Rich Messages for these channels in WDE because those channels are external WDE plug-ins specific to those media types.  There is no plan to bring Rich Messaging to WDE for the Genesys chat channel.

Just as our eServices developers have built custom WDE plug-ins that can send Rich Messages, it should be possible to build a WDE plug-in that can send Rich Messages over the Genesys chat channel.  However, you may have trouble with the rendering of those Rich Messages in the WDE chat UI.

I am unsure how Chat history displays Rich Messages.  I will have to get an answer to that and get back to you.

Jim Crespino
    Genesys

• 8.  RE: Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

Posted 03-12-2019 08:53
    Hi Jim,

can you please tell what's the reason why there is no plan for Rich messages in WDE for Genesys chat channel? Our customers are asking us why it is not supported for native Genesys chat channel when it is supported for other media channels and if it will be supported at some point. We would like to give them appropriate answer.

Thank you for your answer.

Michal Kakvic
    Alcasys Slovakia a.s

• 9.  RE: Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

Posted 01-20-2020 15:21
    Jim,

You state above that "the only component today that is capable of sending Rich Messages over a chat conversation is a Bot Gateway plug-in, including the GIA bot gateway plug-in".

Am not sure how to do this with GIA as I only seem to be able to send text from CallFlow not JSON with the necessary rich messages parameters. Am I missing something?

Any light you can shed on this would be much appreciated.

Angus Huckle
    Spark NZ Trading

• 10.  RE: Genesys Widgets Rich Messaging

Posted 02-02-2020 15:23
    After much mucking around and searching through documentation, I have been able to do this. Various new options have appeared in GIA e.g. ChatPersonas, but the construction of JSON and the general documentation of building scripts in GIA could be much better.

Angus Huckle
    Spark NZ Trading

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources