PureConnect

Expand all | Collapse all

Incoming call shows name instead of number

• 1.  Incoming call shows name instead of number

Posted 5 days ago
    Edited by Dimitri Crève 5 days ago
    Hi there,

When I use my cellphone to call anyone inside our organisation, the callee will see my cellphone number and my name.
    Since the number I use isn't tied to the company, I would like to make sure that it only shows my number and not my name. I'm also afraid my mobile number is saved somewhere.

I have been looking in different spots to see if my mobile number is saved somewhere, but i'm out of ideas.
    I removed the number from : follow me, forward, public lists, user configuration

Does anyone have an idea where the number might be saved?

Thank you in advance for any ideas :)

Kind regards,
    Dimi
    #Unsure/Other

• 2.  RE: Incoming call shows name instead of number

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 4 days ago
    Have you looked in Tracker?

Thanks,
    Andrew

------------------------------
    Andrew Wooster
    Genesco Inc.

• 3.  RE: Incoming call shows name instead of number

Posted 3 days ago
    You can use the "SIPEngine" Log to check if the Name is carried in by the Provider (in SIP INVITE Message). If not the numer must be looked up inside the CIC

Andreas Tikart
    Fiebig GmbH

• 4.  RE: Incoming call shows name instead of number

Top 25 Contributor
    Posted 3 days ago
    As Andrew and Andreas point out you should first look at the SIP engine log to see what is in the SIP invite. If your name is there then your cell phone carrier is sending your name on all outbound calls and you will need to talk to them. If the name is not passed then chances are your name got cached in Interaction Tracker somehow and Tracker is matching your phone number with your name. There is a way to clear out tracker records but I don't have the query off hand. Someone else on here probably has that for you.

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.