Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Bridge hardware requirements

Posted 01-09-2019 07:04
    Hi,

i've already found the requirements for Bridge server (Bridge Server requirements - PureCloud Resource Center), but i need to know if the listed processors could be compliants with the installation of bridge server/application: 

1. Intel® Atom® processor E3940
    2. AMD Opteron X3216

Thanks in advance!
    #ArchitectureandDesign

------------------------------
    Stefano Marciani
    TechneValue GmbH

• 2.  RE: Bridge hardware requirements

Posted 01-21-2019 02:22
    I'd hazard a guess and say:

Intel E3940 - probably not as it appears to only clock to 1.6 GHz - doesn't mean it won't run but it may not be that fast
    Opteron x3216 - probably yes if you get a faster one - these appear to to go 3 GHz

Rule of thumb I've always had is if the bridge runs Windows 2008 R2 OK and has 4 GB RAM then it will probably run the bridge software OK.

We run two bridges on just this setup, though they are on two separate VMWare clusters.

Christian Legg
    MyBudget

• 3.  RE: Bridge hardware requirements

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2019 08:46
    Slightly off topic...did you notice that Bridge is being deprecated, and there will be no more updates or bug fixes? It is not advised to implement one now, unless you have to to Active Directory integration. That goes away by December.

https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/deprecation-purecloud-bridge-integrations/

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

• 4.  RE: Bridge hardware requirements

Posted 01-22-2019 09:21
    Thanks for the heads-up on that George - appreciate you bringing it to our attention.

The bridges have always seemed a little clunky to me, given that so many other products have native AD integration or can use LDAP for account synch. And it always puzzled me why the edge box can't make a data dip itself. Had both functionalities with Cisco CM/UCCX for years ;-)

I'll keep an eye out for the replacement systems.

C

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Telstra Mobile network.

• 5.  RE: Bridge hardware requirements

GENESYS
    Posted 01-22-2019 09:33
    Almost all of the replacement integrations are done and out there. All based in the cloud microservices structure of PureCloud rather than the intermediary Bridge device.

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Technology Consultant
    Genesys

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources