PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Loosing custom call attributes on internal blind xfer

Posted 06-14-2019 17:43
    Hello all.

I have an issue where we are storing some custom session data in a call attribute. The information is good and we like what we initially see. However we are loosing this custom attribute when a blind transfer is performed. For now we are currently stuck issuing the blind transfer via ICWS with target phone number which is mapped in our dialplan as an intercom call. When the call reaches the far end the attribute is gone and the callID has changed. Which makes sense if we are sending the call to a new leg.

Does anyone have any advice on dealing with said issue? My first thought is to catch in the CustomTransferCallRequest handler and build my logic there and send to attendant profile or end user. If there is a better approach I am all ears.

Example:
    Inbound call>Attendant (get Cust_attribute = hello)>Workgroup>Agent (Gets Hello)>Blind xfer ICWS>Agent 2 gets call (No Cust_attribute or Hello)
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Nathaniel Bennett

• 2.  RE: Loosing custom call attributes on internal blind xfer

Posted 06-18-2019 17:53
    Nathan,

Are you sure that the system isn't creating a new interaction when the call is blind transferred? I don't have much experience with ICWS but in handlers you can specify a fully qualified queue and the call will transfer to the queue, instead of using numbers. Can you try "workgroup queue:MyQueue" for the transfer and see if this changes behavior? I suspect the blind transfer going through dial plan is causing the system to treat this as a new call and this is why you are losing the attributes.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 3.  RE: Loosing custom call attributes on internal blind xfer

Posted 06-27-2019 22:15
    Thanks Mark for the response.

The ICWS is doing just as you indicated in sending the call to a new leg which resets all attributes as if it was a new call. The target of the transfers is actually attendant and not a work group. Not sure that I can target an attendant profile or at the very least I don't know how to target an attendant profile. At this point I have no choice on the ICWS blind transfer. When the button is clicked it sends the call to System_TransferCallRequest which I intercept in CustomTransferCallRequest. In CustomTransferCallRequest I am doing the following.

• Check the number being transferred to.
    • Set IntAtt_LocalTn attribute to transfer number
    • Send the call to IntAttIncomingCall which should take the call from the agent and start the attendant play.

What I am seeing is the agent is still held onto the call until the caller selects a menu option. So not really the behavior I was looking for. If you have a better way in a handler to get a caller to attendant I am all ears.

Nathaniel Bennett

• 4.  RE: Loosing custom call attributes on internal blind xfer

Posted 06-28-2019 10:34
    Nathaniel,

First off can you confirm if you transfer the call via the client that the call works as intended? You should also check to make sure "allow calls to be transferred to this profile" is checked in the attendant profile for which you are trying to transfer.  If the transfer is working correctly in the client then debug System_TransferCallRequest to see what the inputs are and maybe you can enter the values into the ICWS transfer request to make it work. I suspect there may be a not well documented queue type for attendant profiles you can use in ICWS but obviously I'm making assumptions.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

Opinions are my own and not the views of my employer. Any suggestions or programming changes I suggest come with no warranty and should be tried at your own risk.

• 5.  RE: Loosing custom call attributes on internal blind xfer

Posted 06-28-2019 10:43
    Nathaniel,

I opened up System_TransferCallRequest to poke around and then answer to your problem appears to be right at the top. It would appear if you stick "${ATTENDANT}\" at the front of the attendant profile name it should transfer to the attendant profile. So for example if the profile name is "Transfer To Customer Service" you would enter the following value "${ATTENDANT}\Transfer To Customer Service". Obviously I didn't test any of this but from a pure handler standpoint this should be what you need to do. Oh and another note in theory ${ATTENDANT}\ could change between versions so you would need to test this every time you upgrade your phone system.

Thanks,

Mark Tatera
    ConvergeOne

• 6.  RE: Loosing custom call attributes on internal blind xfer

Posted 06-28-2019 11:12
    Juicy stuff. I am a bit new when it gets this deep into handlers but understand enough to play around at this point. Absolutely thanks for the assist and I will update with details once I have a chance to play with this.

Nathaniel Bennett

• 7.  RE: Loosing custom call attributes on internal blind xfer

Posted 07-15-2019 12:42
    As mentioned before, a transfer is technically a new call leg, so you'll have a new set of attributes. What you should investigate is if you can create a relationship between those legs and configure which attributes you want to copy (you don't want to blindly copy all attributes). If you also manage all potential racing conditions, you should have the ability to copy the attributes and have them available for your new "call" for further processing.

At 3Fiftynine impossible is just a challenge

We provide kick-ass products on top of Genesys platforms

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources