PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Mark all Handlers Active

Posted 05-17-2019 10:18
    Hi All,

I have just migrated my dev system from server 2008 r2 to server 2016. I ran the CMD command to mass Publish all our custom handler on the new server, but have found that it did not mark them as Active, so they are not being triggered. Is there a way to Mass Active them, like there is for publishing?

I have have over 100 custom handler, so open each handler pressing publish and then marking them active will take a long time. I can do that, i was just hoping for maybe there is a switch i am missing when doing the Publish Command. This is what i am running in an administrator CMD window after browsing to the custom handler folder:

Dir /b *.ihd >publishlist.lst
    Idu /publish:publishlist.lst

Thank you,

#Handlers

------------------------------
    Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 2.  RE: Mark all Handlers Active

Posted 05-17-2019 10:45
    of course once i post this i found what i was looking for. Once you have ran the Dir /b *.ihd >publishlist.lst you then open the publishlist.lst with notepad and add | Primary.

Example:
    Handler1.idh | Primary

Once i did this all my handlers were published and marked Active.

Thank you,
     Scott

Scott Williams
    Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority

• 3.  RE: Mark all Handlers Active

Posted 05-17-2019 16:08
    Scott,

I'm glad you found a solution! For the sake of completeness (and for anyone else who may stumble across this thread) I should mention another solution...

In Interaction Designer, under the "Utilities" menu is the option "Manage Handlers". From here you can select Handlers that are currently inactive and move them to Active (and vice versa). This tool supports the multiple-selection of entries (<shift>/<ctrl> click) so could be pretty quick to do. There are two "tabs" one for Primary and one for Monitor Handlers.

Basically the same tool is also available in IA. Go to the Server container node and open its properties, Again, two tabs, "Handlers" (for Primary) and "Monitor Handlers" (for... well, I'm sure you can figure it out!)

Finally, it's worth noting that the user performing this will need the "Manage Handlers" security right.

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources