Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Call from Agent's own Cell Phone will never get routed.

Posted 12-09-2018 07:35
    Edited by Sajid Abbas 12-09-2018 07:36
    Hey communiteers,

We encountered a strange behavior today (at least for me). Call is in the queue, customer waiting and an agent (Vinayak) is on queue. We made sure the agent has all the required skill and queues assigned but still call doesn't get routed to Vinayak.

We tried re-assigning skills, languages and queues, log off and login back in, restarting the desktop app but no avail. By chance Vinayak removed his Cell Phone number from his profile which happened to be the same mobile number which we were making test calls from and everything started to work fine. 

We double checked this from another user from browser instead of desktop app and behavior persists. So we concluded if you make a call from the phone number which is set as 'Cell Phone' in the agent's profile, the call will not routed to that agent. 

Did someone else face this? Is it a bug or expected behavior?
    #PlatformAdministration
    #Routing(ACD/IVR)

------------------------------
    Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies - Dubai

• 2.  RE: Call from Agent's own Cell Phone will never get routed.

Posted 12-10-2018 01:55
    Hello Sajid

Yes, we have the same behaviour.

We also noticed when testing calls from a number that is assigned to an agent that agent will not get the call, pretty sure if you had another agent logged in they would have got the call...

I guess there is logic to it i.e. an agent should not take a call from themselves...?

Thanks and regards
    Blair Wilkinson
    CVT (Global) Pty Ltd

• 3.  RE: Call from Agent's own Cell Phone will never get routed.

Posted 12-10-2018 08:22
    Hello,

Are you trying to forward queue calls to the agent's cell? This functionality does not work. Direct call forwarding only ​works when off queue.

Julie Green
    Sentinel Benefits & Financial Group

• 4.  RE: Call from Agent's own Cell Phone will never get routed.

Posted 12-10-2018 10:00
    Thanks @Blair Wilkinson
    This is possible which is why I have asked this question whether its an expected behavior. ​

@Julie Green,
    We aren't trying to send customer calls to this agent's cell phone. In fact that particular agent may be needed for consultations on any particular case. Which is why 'Internal calls' should be going to his cell phones. So we need the cell phone number in his profile. But if we make an inbound call from his own cell phone, if he is on queue, he won't get this call routed to himself.

Cheers,
    Sajid Abbas Malek
    Al-Futtaim Technologies - Dubai

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources