PureConnect

View Only
Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Email Transfer form Handler

Posted 01-18-2019 09:32
    We have an issue with Agents transferring Email Interactions into Workgroups that are only configured for calls.

The result is the Email does not get delivered to an Agent (because they are configured for calls) and the often extended Wait time of the Email inflates our 'ACD Time To Answer' announcement in the Call Workgroup.

I am not able to prevent the actual transfer as we use a fairly complex Client built In-House so I have been looking at adding a Customization point within System_QueueEmailOfferingNonSystemQueue.

My new custom handler identifies both the Source & Target Workgroups as the transfer is completed and determines if the Target was a Workgroup
    that can route Emails. If the Workgroup cannot the new handler currently sends an Alert do someone can transfer it back to an Email Workgroup.

This is working well but I would like to go further and have the Handler automatically perform a 2nd, remedial transfer to put the Email back into the Workgroup it came from but I cannot see how to do it.

I tried using the Tool Step "Email Interaction Transfer" but I get an iRetVal of 36 (error).  IP/PostoffceServer logs indicate a bad or missing cookie but I do not know hot to get this.?

Does anyone know a way to transfer an Email using custom Handler.?
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Paul Abbott
    Next Holdings Ltd

• 2.  RE: Email Transfer form Handler

Posted 01-18-2019 09:37
    Paul,

I am looking at the Email Interaction Transfer step and one thing i notice is it auto populates the Interaction ID as "InteractionId".  If you didnt update that to Interaction1 (which should be the actual email interaction) that might be your problem?

Email tools are notorious for auto-populating Interaction ID.  gets me a lot more than i'd care to admit

Josh Davis
    Solution Engineer
    Altivon

• 3.  RE: Email Transfer form Handler

Posted 01-18-2019 10:18
    Josh you life saver.!!  not gonna admit how long I've struggled with this.!!  Can't believe I didn't spot that.  

Thank you SO much.

Paul

Paul Abbott
    Next Holdings Ltd

• 4.  RE: Email Transfer form Handler

Posted 01-18-2019 09:39
    Edited by Aaron Lael 01-18-2019 09:40
    There's another email tool (Email Interaction Get Message) that gets the cookie by interaction ID.  You'll want that value to work with the email (open it, etc).

Aaron Lael
    State of Utah

• 5.  RE: Email Transfer form Handler

Posted 01-18-2019 10:19
    Hi Aaron.

Yes perfect.  Now I have my Cookie and correct control of the Interaction.  Many thanks for your swift assist.!

Paul Abbott
    Next Holdings Ltd

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources