Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Plantronics Hub / Genesys Option

Posted 05-17-2019 11:07
    Hi All, 

I have a customer that is really struggling with their headsets. We've given up on the browser and have installed the PC desktop client in hopes that it would be a better capability relative to managing audio settings. This customer uses Plantronics Hub, and it's supposed to have an option for Genesys that can be selected so that the media delivery remains stable/consistent.

As it stands other media apps such as Skype will interfere with the agents' interactions...  audio settings relative to the default device and default communications device are actually reverting due to other system activity. 

Is anyone else using Plantronics Hub?
    #SystemAdministration

------------------------------
    Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

• 2.  RE: Plantronics Hub / Genesys Option

Posted 05-19-2019 20:54
    Hi Dean
    I operate a split telephony option for 2 contact centers. I have 1 group of agents sitting on soft-phone technology using the plantronics setup. TBH i find i have more problems with these agents in comparison to the 2nd group who purely sit on hard-phones.
    All agents use browser and we resort to the desktop client should we identify an issue with the browser.
    I have found though it largely dependent on your internal internet connections, where the company may have wifi connections whether a guest network or wireless i find plays havoc to agents who reside on laptop setup as an example.
    We have had plantronic headsets for well over 2 years now, while they have stood the test of time I know i will begin looking for a noise cancelling operation in the next set and clarity in microphone, as some agents have resorted to doing what we call the Darth Vader to increase the microphone levels to customers.

Darryn Chang
    Stuff Limited
    New Zealand
    2 Years Purecloud

• 3.  RE: Plantronics Hub / Genesys Option

Posted 05-21-2019 17:08
    We use the Plantronics headsets (mostly without Plantronics Hub) on Windows 10 and the PureCloud desktop app with WebRTC and wired 100 Mbps / Gbps ethernet. Voice quality is good. The Chrome browser version did not properly alert agents to incoming calls, so we abandoned this quickly. Agents don't use Skype/Teams, so we haven't tested this extensively (I think it does ring through on an ongoing call).

Sven Schiller
    Kognitiv

• 4.  RE: Plantronics Hub / Genesys Option

Posted 05-22-2019 12:32
    The issues we're having are less about the network quality and more about the competing audio management methods at the OS level.... One thing we've found is that the team that manages the Plantronics Hub had pushed out a policy a few y ears ago for the contact center users so that Avaya One-X softphone would be the primary media application. That policy was found and removed this morning, so i'm thinking that's a good start. 

The other issue, imho, is just that there are several different administration points between the headset and the application, and customers have varying levels of ability to deal with all that stuff in the wild. People mess with stuff and get confused, etc... 

I'll update after we have some results about the Plantronics Hub policy change.

Thanks Guys.

Dean Thames
    Koch Business Solutions

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources