Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  See Unassigned DID Numbers

Posted 08-14-2018 18:24
    We have a decent amount of unassigned DIDs as a result of porting to the Purecloud Service, as we tried to purchase in blocks to maintain uniform numbers. When going to assign new hires a number, we're running into some difficulty determining what DIDs are available. 

The DID Numbers that are assigned can be easily seen, but there doesn't appear to be a place to go to see unassigned. With 200 phones it would be pretty burdensome to add comments to each DID, but that seems like the only way I can find to quickly identify these. Any input on helping to manage the unassigned numbers is appreciated.

------------------------------
    Tab Wendler
    National Litigation Law Group, PLLC

• 2.  RE: See Unassigned DID Numbers

Posted 08-22-2018 11:43
    It isn't a PureCloud specific solution but I've always tried to maintain an independent inventory of numbers in a database or spreadsheet to index WTN, DID, circuits, carriers, accounts, extensions, purpose, system and sub-system assignments, LRU, etc. This allows indexing of information from multiple systems (for when someone asks "what is this number," you can find it regardless of what system it is assigned to). It also allows finding LRU information and unassigned numbers (to manage number recycling). You could also note who, or what, the number was previously assigned to.  If treated as the system of record, it is also a fallback for when a number is inadvertently removed from a systems configuration but is still owned by the organization and routed to the system.

It's extra work but if "something bad" happens, it is also the documentation you can rebuild from (and I've not seen a system that gets me everything I want in number management).

Patrick Rada

• 3.  RE: See Unassigned DID Numbers

Posted 11-08-2018 08:47
    Following along to see what replies are posted. We are interested in ways to see this too. We tried pulling data from the API calls, however, it still only shows assigned, or All DIDs.

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 4.  RE: See Unassigned DID Numbers

Posted 11-08-2018 08:58
    I noticed this on the Road Map, unfortunately, I could not attend that Webinar to ask questions, does anyone have any more detail on either of these, is the plan to allow the system to show assigned and unassigned in the same place to allow for better maintenance? 

• DID/ Extension
    Improvements for Easy
    Maintenance (PURE2466)

• Allow Admins to View,
    Edit, Assign Default
    Stations and DID to
    People in a Single View
    (PURE-2477)

Angelia Harper
    Avtex

• 5.  RE: See Unassigned DID Numbers

GENESYS
    Posted 11-08-2018 18:54
    PURE-2477 involves some changes in the People edit page, part of which is to assign the DID on the same page as other things like Skills, Queues, Default Phone, and other things.

PURE-2466 is still being scoped out. @Cristin Kenney can probably give more insight.​

George Ganahl CCXP, GCA
    Principal Program Manager
    Genesys

• 6.  RE: See Unassigned DID Numbers

GENESYS
    Posted 11-09-2018 16:12
    We are currently working to address this issue. PURE-2466 will allow users to flip between seeing assigned and unassigned numbers so you can easily find a needed DID or Extension. We will also be adding the ability to assign DIDs/Extensions directly from the DID/Extension pages. If you are interested in hearing more about this work, please let me know and I will follow-up with you directly. This work is currently in progress and should be available early in the new year. Thanks!

Cristin Kenney
    Genesys - Employees

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources