Genesys Cloud - Main

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Can the bitrate of a recorded call be changed

Posted 07-12-2018 10:34
    Is there a way to change the bitrate of the wav recording to around 13 kbps? The calls are being recorded at 256kbps which makes the wav file size very large depending on how long the calls are when emailing multiple recordings to someone.  I am already aware of the option to download a webm file which is significantly smaller in size but we are having to tell Windows what program to open it with and I would have to do this for all users who request for the recording. 
    Thanks, Manny

------------------------------
    Manny Vasquez
    Lone Star Circle of Care

• 2.  RE: Can the bitrate of a recorded call be changed

GENESYS ADVISOR
    Posted 07-16-2018 12:40
    Hello Manny, 

Good day to you! 

I have confirmed with our Platform Team about this feature, currently these are the only options available https://help.mypurecloud.com/articles/configure-the-preferred-codec-list/ 

You can also utilize our Product Ideas Lab (https://purecloud.ideas.aha.io/portal_session/new) and include this as feature request. Remember to please provide as many details as you can and searching for previously posted ideas and up-voting as appropriate.

Thank you! 

Your Genesys Advisor, 

RC Cantiller
    Global Digital Team, Customer Success
    Genesys

• 3.  RE: Can the bitrate of a recorded call be changed

GENESYS
    Posted 07-16-2018 14:24
    Might be able to setup/push group policy in Windows for the default 'open with' program association for .webm files to avoid a per user change.

Jay Langsford
    Senior Director, Workforce Optimization Engineering

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources