PureConnect

View Only

Discussion Thread View
  • 1.  Pause SCREEN recording via handler

Posted 03-13-2019 13:21
    Does anyone know if it's possible to pause screen recordings via handlers, I know how to do it for voice recording, my question is about screen.

Thanks
    #Handlers

------------------------------
    Eliezer Stekel

• 2.  RE: Pause SCREEN recording via handler

Posted 03-14-2019 15:29
    Depends on your version, and the technical answer is "no, not directly".

That being said, I believe you could write a handler that interfaced with ICWS to do this (you'd definitely need to use the REST tools, and I'm too lazy to lookup when those were introduced but sometime around late 2017 seems right off the top of my head).  (I haven't tried that yet).

I know that it works from IceLib.  What I did at a previous place of employment was a simple SOAP webservice that used IceLib to pause the recording.  

What I'd do now is try to use ICWS directly from a handler.  If that didn't work, I would write a simple RESTful webservice that used ICWS from the WS to do it directly.  Other things that come to mind are:  write a C# console app that uses ICWS or IceLib and call that from a handler, write a custom toolstep that used either ICWS or IceLib.  Both of those seem excessively hackish though.

Good luck!

Jason Loucks
    Agon Consulting Services

Need Help finding something?

Check out the Genesys Knowledge Network - your all-in-one access point for Genesys resources